Finally... an update for the Citation X

I can't make the (original) link work either, but here's a short blurb from AvWeb:

http://www.avweb.com/news/nbaa/NBAA2010_CessnaAnnounces_CitationTen_203457-1.html

October 18, 2010
Cessna Introduces Citation Ten
October 18, 2010
by Russ Niles, Editor-in-Chief

In keeping with the large-cabin theme of this year's National Business Aviation Association convention, Cessna's major announcement of the show is an extensive upgrade of its flagship bizjet. In fact, Cessna says the makeover of the Citation X is so complete that it considers the new model, called the Citation Ten to be a new airplane. "The launch of the Citation Ten is an example of our commitment, repeated throughout the recent downturn, to new product development, and it's a signal that we intend to do what we need to do to maintain a general aviation industry leadership position," CEO Jack Pelton said. The Ten is about 15 inches longer than the existing model, has a new cockpit, cabin and engines and is projected to be about 19 knots faster than the X, which may allow Cessna to hang on to its claim to have the "fastest certified business jet" with a maximum cruise of just under .92 Mach.

In an advance interview with AVweb, Cessna officials declined to speculate on the maximum operating speed of the new plane but Pelton has said that the company intends to defend the speed title and the extra 19 knots (at 49,000 feet) might be enough to nudge past the .925 Mach projected for the Gulfstream G650. Revamped Rolls-Royce AE3007C2 high-flow-fan turbines will provide the push and also provide direct climb to 45,000 feet. The Ten is the launch airplane for Garmin's new G5000 system, which is its first foray into the Part 25 market. It features three 14-inch screens with synthetic vision standard. A new cabin management system includes touch-screen controllers at each seat, new galley designs and lavatories and different seating geometry to enhance comfort.

There is also a link to Cessna's spec sheet. I'll try to upload a copy here.

edit to add: ...ah, here you go:

"This latest iteration will feature winglets, uprated Rolls-Royce engines, a 15-inch longer cabin with new interior, an iPhone-like cabin management system..."

What does an 'iPhone-like cabin management system' do?

My bad. I read on, it is iPhone like because it is a touch screen.

Will the lav freeze 5% more often?
It's not really a "freezing" problem. It is caused by "remnants" on the sensor that allows the fill valve to open. If the sensor is clogged, it thinks the tank is full and won't allow more water to be added.

Being that the 650 just did .995 in it's flutter test, what would it take for them to get it certified a bit faster than the 10?

Being that the 650 just did .995 in it's flutter test,
Not a big deal....The X and the 550 both exceeded Mach 1.0 in testing. Certification requires a figure (.07M) below max subsonic cruise speed as a "buffer." Max sustainable cruise for the X was demonstrated as .99M, hence the .92 limit. If you carry it to 3 decimals you get .929M. Notice that Cessna did not reveal M cruise data. I will bet it will not be done until AFTER the G650 is certified.

Regardless, .925 is only 3 knots faster than .920. You won't see many 650s passing X's.

It's not really a "freezing" problem. It is caused by "remnants" on the sensor that allows the fill valve to open. If the sensor is clogged, it thinks the tank is full and won't allow more water to be added.

Finally an explanation! Thanks for sharing that, I always thought it was frozen.

Of course, all of this pales in comparison to hawker's announcement.

Gulfstream- 650 is right on track.

Cessna- redo of the 10, faster than the 650.

Bombardier- we're making a 6000 and a 7000.

Hawker- we're renaming the premier the hawker 200.

not in the first 3000 miles or so, anyways.

Good thing the country is only 2200nm wide, eh?

I wonder what the fuel burn is on that G-string for that same 3000 miles compared to my lowly X? Wanna wager G will do it on 11,000#/.91? :rolleyes::D

If the X held 44,000# fuel (G650), it would have a range of 9200nm.

Good thing the country is only 2200nm wide, eh?

I wonder what the fuel burn is on that G-string for that same 3000 miles compared to my lowly X? Wanna wager G will do it on 11,000#/.91? :rolleyes::D

If the X held 44,000# fuel (G650), it would have a range of 9200nm.

If my hawker wasn't slower than a ford pinto, I wouldn't have to watch every other plane pass me as I struggle to hold .76. If I had 44000#s I'd never have to see Gander or Shannon tech stops again, as our owners occasionally like to stray past the 2200 miles our country has to offer.

I wouldn't mind going to an x, or a g-whiz, but the people who pay the bills seem more interested in a different kind of le plane.

Back