Found MikeD's favorite new airplane! Carrier capable UAV

Re: Found MikeD's favorite new airplane!

Unfortunately, especially for mil guys, all roads will eventually lead to the UAV...........All roads. :)
Sounds like someone is just upset that they haven't gotten to switch over yet.:panic:

682s2117s.jpg
Three words: Drug. Interdiction. SkyRaider.

Long Live the SPAD!

682s2117s.jpg

682s2117s.jpg

Long Live the SPAD!

682s2117s.jpg

Not knocking the venable Skyraider (far from it, love the things), but what's the modern equivalent? The only thing that comes to mind is the Super Tucano, and there's a slight difference in payloads...as in you would need two Super Tucanos to do the job of one AD.

A-10?

Not knocking the venable Skyraider (far from it, love the things), but what's the modern equivalent? The only thing that comes to mind is the Super Tucano, and there's a slight difference in payloads...as in you would need two Super Tucanos to do the job of one AD.

A-10?

I seem to remember reading that during Viet Nam as the Air Force and the Navy started grounding their Skyraiders due to cracks they actually looked at opening up the production line again. It proved to be too expensive to do so.

I've posted this before.

Private Murphy cartoons might be the best thing on Earth....I met the NCO (retired now I think) who does them once in Huachuca and once at Humphreys in the ROK. The man has an amazing grasp of Army life.

What if it gets hit by lightning and goes rogue?! Would we have to send MikeD to team up with Jessica Biel and Josh Lucas to take it down? :)

stealth-review.jpg

But then, I think the OV-10 will work for CAS, but we might need a "fast mover" to get into the zone and out quickly, so maybe even a reassembled F-4J? Maybe will minimal ordinance because it's not like he's going to arrive on the scene, "shack" and loiter for a lot of time. Besides gas is tres cher these days and I don't need some dude using our security to time build.
Bring back an F-5 or two for some fast movers...

Back