Feds Wrong - Pilot Photo ID IS 'Economically Significant'

Re: Feds Wrong - Pilot Photo ID IS 'Economically Significant

I'm going to raise my hand and say I'm largely indifferent.

Picture or not picture, it sits someplace buried in my bag somewhere. I figure I already have a airline ID, a drivers license, two passports, so a license with a picture or without really doesn't faze me at all.

If I've got to pay for it, of course that'd suck, but I'd just write it off.

I hope they just leave it alone, but well, just like the merger, no one ever calls to ask my opinion! :)

I just don't see the point in all of this. Are there really people who are making fake certificates? Is it that hard to check someones FAA credintials? With all the PRIA paper work, FCC licences, and photo ID's, is this even an issue that needs to be looked at. Has anyone ever gotten into a cockpit with a falsified certificate to "terrorize" the skies? If thats their goal, they aren't going to go through all that trouble, the will just take over forcefully. With the technology we have today, this is a non-issue, and a waste of money. I understand the security involved, but with the background checks involved with flying anything signifigant, why fix it if it 'aint broken!?

So, why is it that it's not a big deal to have your photo on your driver's license -- after all, it's not like anyone is sneaking into cars and pretending to be you, right?

Meh, about time they put a picture on the darn thing. Sucks that it will cost money, but what ya gonna do? Everything in this bidness does. I wish they'd get on board with the Alaska DMV MO though, printing out the thing while you're standing there. No carrying around a stupid piece of paper and waiting 6 weeks for the real thing to show up.

So, why is it that it's not a big deal to have your photo on your driver's license -- after all, it's not like anyone is sneaking into cars and pretending to be you, right?

On the contrary. About a year ago I had to fight a ticket that I never received personally. There was no signature, the name was wrong, and the address was wrong. But your argument is moot. The purpose is security. The system as it stands right now isn't broken. If you have an argument for how the current system is broken, I am willing to listen.

Back