FedEx closing CGN, LAX, and ANC MD11. New system bid for all of the changes.

There you go. Two outta four ain't bad.

There is no world in which any pilot is paid too much. The sacrifice to get into this profession, the sacrifice to maintain this profession, and the risks involved in this profession require a compensation level that allows us to be able to come to work as fully rested and mentally ready to work as humanly possible. People oversimplify this job, but if you happen to have a good day… cool… That’s not what we’re paid for… We’re paid for all the garbage that can and will go wrong on an almost daily basis. We stop the swiss cheese holes from lining up so often people take it for granted and forget what a pilot is really worth…

Junior pilots with inexperience… I’m not sure in what world taking compensation from senior pilots to give to junior pilots to make them “better pilots” is a reasonable solution. Whatever it takes to make a pilot safe is what it takes, and has nothing to do with taking money away from people who have earned and deserve it. Right now in aviation we’re seeing a lot of issues related to rapid hiring and growth that compromise safety. There have been various threads about this issue on this forum. A true solution really hasn’t been found as what it takes to truly be a “good/safe” pilot can not be fully defined by simply meeting training requirements. The best we can do is mentor pilots along the way, and find those with good skill and character to move forward in this profession, and unfortunately at the end of the day there just isn’t much substitute for the almighty experience needed to be effective, proficient, and safe. Also it is difficult to mentor and/or find the ones with good skill and character when people that lack one or both those traits are easily allowed through this maze of a career as hiring standards, interview requirements, and flight experience requirements decline… I don’t have a good solution to solve these issues. Everyone needs to watch out and take care of each other more now than ever to get the job done safety, but throwing more money at this issue isn’t going to fix things…

So what are the options for pilots who have been based in CGN and potentially have their lives set up there (families, school for kids etc...)? Is it feasible for them to bid for trips that start with deadheads to Europe or Asia (with a little seniority of course) and stay living in the EU? Or would that be easier if they transitioned to the 777?

So what are the options for pilots who have been based in CGN and potentially have their lives set up there (families, school for kids etc...)? Is it feasible for them to bid for trips that start with deadheads to Europe or Asia (with a little seniority of course) and stay living in the EU? Or would that be easier if they transitioned to the 777?

Possible with seniority.

But they will lose housing allowance and educational allowances for schools.

There is no world in which any pilot is paid too much. The sacrifice to get into this profession, the sacrifice to maintain this profession, and the risks involved in this profession require a compensation level that allows us to be able to come to work as fully rested and mentally ready to work as humanly possible. People oversimplify this job, but if you happen to have a good day… cool… That’s not what we’re paid for… We’re paid for all the garbage that can and will go wrong on an almost daily basis. We stop the swiss cheese holes from lining up so often people take it for granted and forget what a pilot is really worth…

Junior pilots with inexperience… I’m not sure in what world taking compensation from senior pilots to give to junior pilots to make them “better pilots” is a reasonable solution. Whatever it takes to make a pilot safe is what it takes, and has nothing to do with taking money away from people who have earned and deserve it. Right now in aviation we’re seeing a lot of issues related to rapid hiring and growth that compromise safety. There have been various threads about this issue on this forum. A true solution really hasn’t been found as what it takes to truly be a “good/safe” pilot can not be fully defined by simply meeting training requirements. The best we can do is mentor pilots along the way, and find those with good skill and character to move forward in this profession, and unfortunately at the end of the day there just isn’t much substitute for the almighty experience needed to be effective, proficient, and safe. Also it is difficult to mentor and/or find the ones with good skill and character when people that lack one or both those traits are easily allowed through this maze of a career as hiring standards, interview requirements, and flight experience requirements decline… I don’t have a good solution to solve these issues. Everyone needs to watch out and take care of each other more now than ever to get the job done safety, but throwing more money at this issue isn’t going to fix things…
More of this and fewer “Oh Delta #########”

Oh, Jeebus! Here we go again.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...

Oh, Jeebus! Here we go again.

Mirror, mirror on the wall...
Unless you are Clay Lacy.

Good counter argument. That was very well thought out.
Ok.

We've already talked about the lack of appreciation for metaphor 'round these parts.

Science is almost always ONE part knowledge, ONE part math, and ONE part imagination.

If you possess extra special sensibilities, you MIGHT be able to adjust the ratios slightly.

Never mess with the perfect cocktail, bro!

If you don't get it, that's on you. ;)

We appreciate metaphor just fine. You’re just bad at it.
I already anticipated and appreciated your well-considered answer, but still... I'll ask the salient question: Are you sure about your answer? Got any definitive proof other than "that's what everyone says", and I'm part of the bash gang?

Last edited:
Bro, nobody ever understands what the hell you're trying to say. Its like youre high on mushrooms 24/7
In the words of the old cowboy song, "That's your misfortune, and none of my own."

Funny. Precisely as predicted. LOL.

If I AM high on mushrooms, I suggest you give them a try!

Still... pray tell, precisely WHAT part of those sentences I scribed did you NOT comprehend? I'm here to help. And I truly want to.

Last edited:
Ok.

We've already talked about the lack of appreciation for metaphor 'round these parts.

Science is almost always ONE part knowledge, ONE part math, and ONE part imagination.

If you possess extra special sensibilities, you MIGHT be able to adjust the ratios slightly.

Never mess with the perfect cocktail, bro!

If you don't get it, that's on you. ;)

What?

In the words of the old cowboy song, "That's your misfortune, and none of my own."

Funny. Precisely as predicted. LOL.

If I AM high on mushrooms, I suggest you give them a try!

Still... pray tell, precisely WHAT part of those sentences I scribed did you NOT comprehend? I'm here to help. And I truly want to.

None of what you said makes sense.

1. Its my misfortune I dont understand the nonsense you said?

2. You somehow predicted this?

3. If you're high on mushrooms, i should do them?

4. What did you do wrong?

Seriously, you need help. Im not trying to be mean, insensitive, or satirical, but posting gibberish only at night alludes to some bigger issues. You really need to look inward or talk to your aeromedical committee. If you prefer not to talk to them, I've dealt with substance abuse with my friends and family and am willing to listen, my dm's are open.

Back