Fedex Caravan Fleet Upgrades

The van just doesn't have the power. I'd take the blackhawk conversion first, then tks, then boots. From an acounting stand point if they lose the 2 vans they typically lose this winter they are out more than the cost of outfitting them with tks.

The van just doesn't have the power. I'd take the blackhawk conversion first, then tks, then boots. From an acounting stand point if they lose the 2 vans they typically lose this winter they are out more than the cost of outfitting them with tks.

Which operator is losing two a year???? I would think it would be time to get out of the business!

Which operator is losing two a year???? I would think it would be time to get out of the business!

Cessna from the entire fleet. Creating all these rediculous AD's. I'm glad I left the freight world prior the cute door handle or the light being installed.

As far as I'm aware you can get the Blackhawk on the MORE program as well and it will have the 7200 tbo with the hot section at 3600. The Garret has a 7000 TBO to start with.

well, after having roughly 400 hours now in the TKS conversions I have to admit it is pretty freaking sweet, even though I was very skeptical at first! haven't encountered any ice yet that has dropped my airspeed even 1kt!

yes, my avatar is from one of the conversions

Yup, inadvertently got into fzra and managed fine no ice on protected surfaces. ( 10 min to get out waiting on atc, they were being really stupid).

Also got into heavy moderate borderline severe rime a few Weeks back and again systems worked great while i got the heck out!

Made me a believer!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Boots on the Bro always worked good, boots on the metro (err). Let it build an inch or so (maybe a foot), pick the speed up to 246knt on your decent to get out of the ice. Blow the boots and hope it comes off. But the AFM states to put the boots in Auto mode, when in icing. So thats what I do.

Boots on the Bro always worked good, boots on the metro (err). Let it build an inch or so (maybe a foot), pick the speed up to 246knt on your decent to get out of the ice. Blow the boots and hope it comes off. But the AFM states to put the boots in Auto mode, when in icing. So thats what I do.

I do that everytime also. Even when its trace ice.

I never use Auto Mode, and not many at our company does either. The boots are pretty useless in the climb and up at higher altitudes so I try to not blow them unless I really need to.

I never use Auto Mode, and not many at our company does either. The boots are pretty useless in the climb and up at higher altitudes so I try to not blow them unless I really need to.

You're Dangerous! Ice.....man.....

Correct, I never evaluate the situation and come up with the best course of action, I just blindly follow SOP's/AFM without question.

Glad to hear that!

If, just for the sake of conversation, you were the type to "evaluate the situation" and decide to NOT follow either SOP's or AFM, under what situation(s) might that be acceptable? Is it always acceptable to disregard those documents if your judgement says it is OK, or are there over-riding factors that must be present as well?

If you consider that the C210 is just a smaller version of the C208, you will love the TKS. Just remember to get it on when you need it and prime it prior to departure. Other than that, enjoy! Oh, and wear a hat, trust me.

Back