Fedex 1376

Yeah i forgot about that. I guess that decision must have come from the transitional nature of tanker configurations at the time? As for DMA, do they have a bunch of the -58s, or did they break most of them down?

Broke most all of them down here. But the museum has one on display.

What's the new show about WWII bomber pilots? Is it on the air yet? I saw some flashy teaser for it, looked good.

Also, if you are interested in military aviation at all, and you haven't watched Thud Pilots on Netflix (or maybe it is Amazon Prime), you are wrong. That is all.

Masters of the Air. Spielberg/Hanks mini-series in line with Band of Brothers and The Pacific, based off the excellent book of same name. Premiers on AppleTV+ Jan 26, 2024 finally. The only preliminary downside is I don’t believe any real flying aircraft were used during production.

Unlucky. Or lucky? Either way they did a nice job with what they had. Poor jumpseater tried both doors and each had issues.

I don’t believe any real flying aircraft were used during production.
FWIW some limited flying filming with the B-17 Sally B was done, as well as with two P-51s painted up in red tail colors.

All of it was likely just reference footage for creating the rest of the CGI.

Here's Sally B:
1701962966628.png

Here are the Mustangs in movie paint:
1701962856999.png

1701962903037.png

FWIW some limited flying filming with the B-17 Sally B was done, as well as with two P-51s painted up in red tail colors.

All of it was likely just reference footage for creating the rest of the CGI.

Here's Sally B:
View attachment 75313

Here are the Mustangs in movie paint:
View attachment 75311
View attachment 75312
Magnificent aeroplane, the P-51D. Would be something that if I had unlimited money and no sense whatsoever I'd like to have, but

Did they at least part it out a bit, or right to the scrap yard?

I only saw it from across the field on the road to Wilson Jet Center.
Initially it was on it's wheels and seran wrapped engines where they belong.
I noticed the livery was removed, but just assumed it was a repair to ferry event or some such thing.

But then on Monday a co-worker drove down FBO road, and godzilla was tearing her apart.
I got back from 2 days off and all that was left was very front section and it was gone later that day.

I assume they had been taking what they wanted out, not sure when they took engines off.

Maybe they left the gate open towards the end and let the hobo's get the copper wires before chomping it up?

Back