Fed Check Run Shakeup

Boris Badenov

This is no laughing matter.
Anybody else? Got the word yesterday...tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Gonna fly charters for a couple of months, see how that goes, then maybe a different check run comes open. Is this widespread?

Care to share what all this is about for those of us outside of the OOTSK and hoping to join one day?

Care to share what all this is about for those of us outside of the OOTSK and hoping to join one day?

It means flying checks are going the way of the dodo bird. With electronic check transfer finally starting to take over, alot of pilots are gonna be searching for other lines of flying work. Its been taking several years for it to happen but I Think its finally starting to take hold.

Yeah...I kinda knew that. What specific event prompted Boris' post?

Sorry. What I meant was my run went away, and it sounds like the other runs my company does out of MDW are going to do the same soon. A few weeks ago at least one lear stopped going to CVG, I know. I was just wondering whether this is just one particular check clearing center closing, or whether there have been other routes lost/modified in the last few weeks.

It does look like the beginning of the end, although there's some small chance that a few of our runs will start back up in February (don't ask me how it works in the interim).\

I can tell you that it's rough out there in the charter business. The bid boards are pretty thin these days. I'm flying a scheduled run during peak which means that I'm going to go about 2.5 months without seeing the house. I well...atleast I'm being paid big!

You can't send pee samples and lab rats electronically, but it's too bad thats the future of small freight.

Anybody else? Got the word yesterday...tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life. Gonna fly charters for a couple of months, see how that goes, then maybe a different check run comes open. Is this widespread?

Dude, that sucks. Good luck! Call Ernst, you may get a job, lol.

We had 1 ADhoc in the last 2 months I think. Its going to be real hard to find stuff. AMF has alot of new stuff going on you might want to see if you can get on here, might be good, might be bad. But im outty 5000!!!! KLB man you are missing out big time!! BG is a PIMP hahahahaha im having turkey at some girls house tomorrow thanks to BG and I got in the club for free because of that old man!

Yeah we're probably going over to one ways on the adhoc stuff. Ugh. On the bright side, we're dirt cheap, so maybe we'll weather the storm. They're also looking in to possible UPS feeder stuff, which would require a move. At this point, I'm just glad to be employed. Amflight is always a good option, but I'm too good for pistons now! J/K, if this doesn't work out, you'll be seeing my resume over there. Happy thanksgiving!

All the new stuff at AMF is in big turbine equipment. I'd highly doubt they'd put you back in a piston with your experience. Submit an application if things get hairy over on your end. Theres a lot of stuff happening at AMF.

Not sure what's going on, but I found out the other day that I'm probably going to be on the streets in the next 2-6 weeks. Merry Christmas to minitour.

Good luck out there guys.

-mini

Would you kindly please expand on that statement. Take it to PM's if you wish. Thanks mini.

Not sure what's going on, but I found out the other day that I'm probably going to be on the streets in the next 2-6 weeks. Merry Christmas to minitour.

-mini
More furloughs in the works at Airnet? Sucks.

I would agree the freight is tough right now. It is seems trips for the big planes are few and far between to. It seems no one is in a hurry for freight anymore. They'll just wait for a truck.

I have heard the banks shipping the backup tapes instead of checks but i would imagine it takes a long time to get enough tapes to ship.

-mini
I'm curious about this as well. LCK reductions?

Back