Facility Paycheck

dpiatek

Once you get to your facility, does your paycheck get paid out every two weeks and changes days (bi-weekly)? Or is it every fixed day of the month, 1st and the 15th (semi-monthly)? Just wondering how many pay periods there will be in a year as I am curious if you'll have bigger paychecks with less pay periods, or smaller paychecks with more pay periods (ex. 3 paycheck months).

Once you start school you will be paid every other week. You should be able to set up Direct Deposit shortly after being in school. Your paydays will stay the same when you get to your facility.

Pay day is every other Tueday whether you are in OKC or at your facility. It is a standard pay period FAA-wide.

Pay day is every other Tues. Any other pay, which requires a travel voucher, etc., will be paid when the FFAA is good an ready to pay you and not a second sooner.

Exactly but when your in OKC you have to submit and get your travel money which is seperate

I don't know how it works if you're in OKC for more than a month. I've only been to RTF which is 3 weeks so I just filed my travel voucher on Govtrip (I have a gov travel card) and had the money deposited into my account on some random day of the FAA's choosing. I'm sure it's different for people going to the academy as OTS or ARTCC school.

HD

Can controllers get extra pay for union 'claims'?

For example, on the railroad where I work, if the company violates a particular contractual agreement, the employee can submit a 'claim' for a day's pay. In addition, there are also standard claims we can submit, for example if an employee was not allowed lunch, the employee can claim an extra payment for this grievance (only 10 bucks, but it insures we get our lunch).

Can controllers get extra pay for union 'claims'?

For example, on the railroad where I work, if the company violates a particular contractual agreement, the employee can submit a 'claim' for a day's pay. In addition, there are also standard claims we can submit, for example if an employee was not allowed lunch, the employee can claim an extra payment for this grievance (only 10 bucks, but it insures we get our lunch).

CONTRACT= agreement between two or more parties for the doing or not doing of something specified.

We do not have one of these with the FFAA. We have Imposed Work Rules (or IWR's) that WE have NEVER nor will EVER sign.

so the answer is NO!

Attachments

• iwr1.jpg
    iwr1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 90
thanks for the picture, that explains everything to me, and makes it all crystal clear...i now understand everything...:sarcasm:

CJ - I've heard that even with all the talk of "salary", controllers actually are paid on an hourly basis. Do you have to turn in timesheets every week?

I don't know if it's FAA wide but a lot of facilities have whats called
Cru-Art. We have 4 or 5 computers that track your daily activities. When I walk in for my shift, I find my name on the computer duty list, click on it, enter my passwrod and verify my shift. When my shift actually begins my name will be in the available list. When I sign onto a position I drag my name over to the "other duties" for 2 minutes while I monitor the position I will take. Then I drag my name to the "on position" box while I work. If you're on break, you will be in the available list and after say 30 min. your name turns yellow, 45 min and you're red. Times are adjustable but it helps the flems quickly identify whos taking long breaks. If you're reading your training material the computer will reflect that too. Personally I think it's BS:banghead: that big brother has such a watchful eye on us. I cant wait until they install these in the Senate and other such high profile law makers offices so we can account for their actions all day too but I won't hold my breath. Sorry, rant off. No, no time sheets, all computer.

HD

I don't know if it's FAA wide but a lot of facilities have whats called
Cru-Art. We have 4 or 5 computers that track your daily activities. When I walk in for my shift, I find my name on the computer duty list, click on it, enter my passwrod and verify my shift. When my shift actually begins my name will be in the available list. When I sign onto a position I drag my name over to the "other duties" for 2 minutes while I monitor the position I will take. Then I drag my name to the "on position" box while I work. If you're on break, you will be in the available list and after say 30 min. your name turns yellow, 45 min and you're red. Times are adjustable but it helps the flems quickly identify whos taking long breaks. If you're reading your training material the computer will reflect that too. Personally I think it's BS:banghead: that big brother has such a watchful eye on us. I cant wait until they install these in the Senate and other such high profile law makers offices so we can account for their actions all day too but I won't hold my breath. Sorry, rant off. No, no time sheets, all computer.

HD

Bit of a shame to have big-brother always breathing down your neck...would almost madden you while on shift!

CJ - I've heard that even with all the talk of "salary", controllers actually are paid on an hourly basis. Do you have to turn in timesheets every week?

Thats a good question. I've been wondering the same thing, but I haven't asked for fear of being labeled as the "noob only interested in the profession for the money"...
If I had to guess, I'd say its broken down by 52 (or 26) work weeks, then divided by 40 hours.

At my job, I'm paid a salary and I make the same amount of money every week. It doesn't matter if I work 40 hours or 100 hours, and it certainly doesn't matter what day, shift, or holiday its on. Its always the same.
So to hear that controllers are making overtime and various forms of differential pay, was a little strange to me. (For a salaried job I mean)
Anyone want to enlighten us on how your typical calculations are done?

Thats a good question. I've been wondering the same thing, but I haven't asked for fear of being labeled as the "noob only interested in the profession for the money"...
If I had to guess, I'd say its broken down by 52 (or 26) work weeks, then divided by 40 hours.

At my job, I'm paid a salary and I make the same amount of money every week. It doesn't matter if I work 40 hours or 100 hours, and it certainly doesn't matter what day, shift, or holiday its on. Its always the same.
So to hear that controllers are making overtime and various forms of differential pay, was a little strange to me. (For a salaried job I mean)

You're paid per hour.

When you start it's like $8.50 to $9.00 per hour.

The salary they quote assumes you work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year. This DOES NOT take into account for nights, weekends, holidays, OT, etc. You are given a certain amount of Annual Leave (A/L) and sick leave (S/L) per pay period. When you take leave you are paid based on your hourly wage. You are not paid differentials, IE if you are on A/L on a Sunday, you are not getting Sunday pay.

Sorry I should have addressed the original question but I left on a tangent. Everyone is scheduled for 40 hours/week. If you aren't at the facility you will either be on leave w/o pay, anuual leave, sick leave, family sick leave, etc and you will be charged for it. It's not the same as the military where you get early cut outs and still get paid or where you are asked to work past your eight hours and get shafted on the OT and no extra pay. If you work OT in the FAA you get OT pay or credit, which I will not get into because it's not something to worry about now. It will come later when you get to your fac. Is this making any sense? My salary is $45K/year however I will make more than that due to OT, night diff. and sunday prem. Even if I take leave, it's paid leave so obviously...you get paid while you're on it. Same thing with sick leave. The only way you will ever make less than your base is if you had to take LWOP I believe. Someone correct me if I am wrong. It's really not too complicated, just hard to explain through a forum.:panic:

HD

Back