Facility Paycheck

HD, so when we go back for radar training (assuming we are at an up down facility) we get night differential then? Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Ok so I got everything you were saying but a bit grey on the earned time off. So lets say I pick up a shift for someone and don't trade or they need someone to work a day i'm off.... or whatever. I can opt out of OT pay and hour per hour can be transferred to earned time off? And the FAA wants to get rid of that or they are just putting a cap on it... I.E. 24 hours per year. That would be silliness to cut out earning time off I would think their accountant would backhand whoever suggested no more earned time off for the obvious OT pay reason.

HD, so when we go back for radar training (assuming we are at an up down facility) we get night differential then? Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Yep. The rule is that the FAA will pay you night diff. if you were previously receiving it at your facility before you went to RTF, which you obviously would have been. Its just the new hires, OTS, VRA or CTI doesn't matter, won't receive it on their initial trip to OKC. Somewhat jacked up but then, its the FAA...

HD

Does anyone know if they can deposit the per diem into a separate account? My wife will be back at the ol' ranch paying the bills (or trying) while I plan to live on the per diem alone. I'd like to be able to have an account with just the per diem in it so I know exactly how much I've got to work with and not have to worry about dipping into my salary and visa versa.

Is that still possible with the new system?

http://forums.jetcareers.com/981304-post13.html

I know allotments are possible, because I have one....the faa now pays your housing unit directly...they pay the other...$30.00 or so for food and expenses directly to you. So take $30.00 x (30 days). Have $900.00 a month allotment directly to your personal account for expenses while in OKC and the rest of your paycheck will go into your joint account with your wife. That way you only spend the $30.00 per day. You could allot $450.00 in one paycheck, and $450.00 in the next paycheck.

Back