FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities

It wasn’t “difficult to fly” according to people who actually did it.

She was a previously winged aviator in the A6, so it’s not like she wasn’t going into this and thrown to the wolves of some widow maker.
You quoted a Wiki article, I quoted a report that contains those same statements as well as the stuff that gets edited out of Wikipedia. You know like the whole comment by an Admiral about the manipulation of simulator testing to produce a result that cleared her of any connection and blamed the TF30 and not pilot technique.

Go read the report and come back with why we shouldn’t believe there was a demonstrated action within the Navy to pass people forward on lines of gender. Tell us what evidence you have for those of us that have seen DEI initiatives bend or break standards that the tradition of doing such doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel like the F-14 is pretty easy jet to fly. In fact, I think you could go about 30 years without flying it, run up on an old one, say in a hangar somewhere, hop in and pick up right where you left off, max perf takeoff and fly with extreme precision in life or death situations. I just get that feeling.

I feel like the F-14 is pretty easy jet to fly. In fact, I think you could go about 30 years without flying it, run up on an old one, say in a hangar somewhere, hop in and pick up right where you left off, max perf takeoff and fly with extreme precision in life or death situations. I just get that feeling.
Maybe. But only if you had an unqualified RIO who knew where all the circuit breakers were.

I wonder if this opens up jobs for me at the FAA now that I have a disability? Might be worth a shot.

On the flip side, I feel like the feds have been hiring people with psychiatric disorders for years without knowing it. Haven't you ever had a bad POI?
Same. I was always "of course racism and any kind of discrimination is wrong" from 0-age 23. At age 23 I was stricken with physical maladies out of the blue that completely re-worked the course of my life - against my wishes. One of the things I was able to be introduced to is WHY discrimination is so bad (and potentially soul killing). 0-23 was rote, age 23 on was a deeply personal knowledge. I would never appropriate MLK Jr day or tell anyone I understood what integrating Little Rock Central or sitting at a lunch counter while rednecks beat you was - but I have tasted discrimination and it is personal.

Make fun of it all you want, but still a very good movie. And the box office numbers to show for it.
There is scuttlebutt about Top Gun 3. If I had a choice it would have nothing to do with Rooster or any of the other protagonists in the last movie. It could be a prequel that explains the entire thing that led up to Mavericks father being shot down with Viper as his wingman in Phantoms in SE Asia. Star Wars did prequels why can't Top Gun? I know there aren't enough period correct airplanes flying to make this work but DCS is getting pretty realistic and the production could punch up the footage to make it even better for a film. If it doesn't actually have to fly you can build almost anything to film on the ground. Look at the SR-72 in the last movie. The Oriskany is a reef now so some CGI would be required.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PI4ZVdrPN8

If I had a choice it would have nothing to do with Rooster or any of the other protagonists in the last movie. It could be a prequel that explains the entire thing that led up to Mavericks father being shot down

That’s actually a great idea.

Barf.

First one was awesome.

2nd and 3rd were bad. Tempe Merovingian was the only awesome character.

His character in Matrix 4 was a joke. This move was just downright terrible.
Whew.

I found that people who actually liked the most recent top gun also liked the most recent matrix. At least you were only half wrong.

I think Top Gun 3 should be about drone racing.

26 hours of mission planning. 4 hours of mission rehearsal. 10 minutes on station actually bombing •. Give people the real thing.

I’m sick in the head though and would thoroughly enjoy a military style combined arms rehearsal with the entire cast of Star Wars in costume, during the 2nd Death Star Attack.

“Time is now 0300 Zulu… Admiral Akbar we are now Chicago on the execution check.”

“I acknowledge Chicago. Signal to all stations it’s a Trap”

“Roger Gold Group acknowledge Chicago, it is a Trap…. moving to ACP 5 across the holding sector, Mission commander what is your call?”

Lando in a sexy voice “at this time I signal being them in closer…. Let’s engage at point blank range.”

I think Top Gun 3 should be about drone racing.
It could also be Maverick finally hangs it up and walks into Delta/Fedex/UPS or any other large/legacy airline as a wide body street captain and his trials and tribulations that follow. But that would be a horrible movie.

It could also be Maverick finally hangs it up and walks into Delta/Fedex/UPS or any other large/legacy airline as a wide body street captain and his trials and tribulations that follow. But that would be a horrible movie.
He better get to it. Less than 4 years before retirement….plot twist. Signs with Envoy to get the signing bonus. Leaves after 2 years.

He better get to it. Less than 4 years before retirement….plot twist. Signs with Envoy to get the signing bonus. Leaves after 2 years.
Maybe he goes private flying the absolute latest jet large cabin jet available for an evil billionaire and spends a month in class every time a new jet comes out. It could happen.

You got the need for speed, bruh? :)
Same. I was always "of course racism and any kind of discrimination is wrong" from 0-age 23. At age 23 I was stricken with physical maladies out of the blue that completely re-worked the course of my life - against my wishes. One of the things I was able to be introduced to is WHY discrimination is so bad (and potentially soul killing). 0-23 was rote, age 23 on was a deeply personal knowledge. I would never appropriate MLK Jr day or tell anyone I understood what integrating Little Rock Central or sitting at a lunch counter while rednecks beat you was - but I have tasted discrimination and it is personal.

All this.

I don’t think people realize many many of their neighbors have some sort of disability.

Everyone wants to live in the world of “Gattaca“ and quasi-Eugenics until they discover one day that they have something someone else would see as “concerning”.

I have a good friend who used to help moderate the website that is a vet, disabled but is a freaking rock star electrical engineer. I could only imagine some blogger saying “The FAA is MANDATED to hire people with disabilities, blarg blarg DE&I blarg”. We‘d be freaking idiots if we didn’t look beyond the title of the article.

”Sorry Mr. Hawking, the lab isn’t wheelchair accessible”

My wife loves and hates the scene where he upends the family, moves them to a • hole house, and then leaves.

Functions as every PCS I ever put her through.

I was just going to say… :)

Back