FAA reauthorization bill includes Cockpit Video Recorders! 👎

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Time to send some money to the PAC

https://transportation.house.gov/upl...intro_text.pdf

SEC. 525. COCKPIT VOICE AND VIDEO RECORDERS.
(a) IN GENERAL .—Not later than 7 years after thedate of enactment of this Act, an air carrier certificatedunder part 121 of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations,
may not operate an aircraft under part 121 of such titlethat is not equipped with a cockpit voice recorder and a cockpit video recorder each capable of recording at least
25 hours of data

(a) IN GENERAL .—Not later than 7 years after thedate of enactment of this Act, an air carrier certificatedunder part 121 of title 14, Code of Federal Regulations,
may not operate an aircraft under part 121 of such titlethat is not equipped with a cockpit voice recorder and a cockpit video recorder each capable of recording at least
25 hours of data
This is why I’m Capitol Club

25 hours of data

They just want to make sure your letting AI fly the plane and not actually touching anything lol. Where’s Yakobs to tell us we are next to be exterminated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just dandy.... I already donate to the PAC. Wish more of more colleagues did.
I’m glad we might be finally starting one at Brown. I’ll be the first to admit I was pretty ignorant in understanding how important a PAC is until coming here and experiencing the 117 cutout as well as how far ahead the company was due to their influence in DC.

The PAC is a double-edged sword. They work on stuff I agree with and further our industry. Then there are other things they get involved with I personally don't agree with and don't like having my money used for that. Such is life, nothing on Earth is perfect.

I’m glad we might be finally starting one at Brown. I’ll be the first to admit I was pretty ignorant in understanding how important a PAC is until coming here and experiencing the 117 cutout as well as how far ahead the company was due to their influence in DC.
Talk to an old timer about how we got TCAS. That really happened.

While I don’t support cockpit video, I absolutely think the 2 hr CVR recorder should be 25 hrs.

If you found MH370, and somehow the CVr module was still readable, you’re only getting the last 2 hrs - not what happened initially 6 hrs prior.

We should negotiate the same protections we got from the first change from 30 min to 2 hrs for the CVR, and use that same protections for flight crews to extend it from 2 hrs to 25 hrs.

CVR's hold a lot more than many pilots realize. Now, the government mandates a certain time period, but there are days of data on some.

The PAC is a double-edged sword. They work on stuff I agree with and further our industry. Then there are other things they get involved with I personally don't agree with and don't like having my money used for that. Such is life, nothing on Earth is perfect.
I vehemently dislike the pay-to-play nature of politics post-Citizens' United, but that's not the PAC's fault.

I vehemently dislike the pay-to-play nature of politics post-Citizens' United, but that's not the PAC's fault.
Same, the whole lobbyist/Congressperson relationship is fooked. But at this point, I guess we gotta play the game until it can be changed for the better.

Have had Vision 1000s CViRs in the aircraft I fly for a few years now. Don’t even notice it anymore.

Back