FAA Hiring Process Revamped

Fun as in a hot poker up the ass fun....................I spent 20 years in enroute hell....................

As mentioned before, I did the opposite... 21 yrs terminal and the last 4 enroute.

The hot pokers are actually in both options.

And, after a while... you get to where you don't notice them...

until they stop.

;)

Ya I think that is still the rumor that is going around. Also over heard from some FAA higher ups that they are getting rid of the Biographical crap thing.
giphy.gif

Just back from a pre convention meeting. I haven't heard anything more about fall hiring, but I did hear another round of hiring in March with the actual opening date TBD. It was also said the Bio Q will be used again, but they'll be asking CPCs again to fill out the questionnaire in September to arrive at a better data set.

Just back from a pre convention meeting. I haven't heard anything more about fall hiring, but I did hear another round of hiring in March with the actual opening date TBD. It was also said the Bio Q will be used again, but they'll be asking CPCs again to fill out the questionnaire in September to arrive at a better data set.
Sigh...I guess that's good news ultimately.

Received a couple of forms last week to fill out, seems like the full TOL should be coming out soon. Looks like if everything clears, the Jan-March timeline they gave should be pretty accurate. Pretty exciting

Congrats man! Will I get to talk to you anymore at work or have you left Southwest?
Uh, just like every controller around, they all work at southwest.

ANNNNNND YOU get a shortcut and YOU get a shortcut aaaanand you get to cut the line aaaand you get speed restrictions waived

Am I bitter?

Congrats man! Will I get to talk to you anymore at work or have you left Southwest?
I think I did my last remote tow yesterday morning but I'm still at Southwest until Friday. Can't believe it's all finally happening to be honest!

A timeline for anyone interested:
Graduate CTI May 2013
Apply for FAA Feb 2014
ATSAT April 2014 in Orange County
Provisional TOL June 2014
Full TOL September 2014
FOL and Class date in October. Start at academy early November.

All in all I guess that's pretty quick. Can't wait to get started!

Not sure how many people would be interested, but another OTS bid with a revised BQ and ATSAT is planned for March. First people from that bid would probably report to the Academy in late fall 2015.

Good luck to anybody interested! Ive got a few more weeks left at the Academy and then hopefully pass the Final Eval and onto a still unknown facility.

Not sure how many people would be interested, but another OTS bid with a revised BQ and ATSAT is planned for March. First people from that bid would probably report to the Academy in late fall 2015.

Good luck to anybody interested! Ive got a few more weeks left at the Academy and then hopefully pass the Final Eval and onto a still unknown facility.

Still no dream sheet of possibilities? Enroute or Terminal?

Still no dream sheet of possibilities? Enroute or Terminal?

Enroute. Based on the lists other classes ahead of me have gotten, it seems like I'll be choosing between ZAN, ZLA, and ZLC. But nobody knows for sure what our options will be until we finish evals and find out how many in our region passed. I'm probably leaning towards ZAN out of those 3 though

Enroute. Based on the lists other classes ahead of me have gotten, it seems like I'll be choosing between ZAN, ZLA, and ZLC. But nobody knows for sure what our options will be until we finish evals and find out how many in our region passed. I'm probably leaning towards ZAN out of those 3 though

So you literally have no idea until after the final eval? Ouch. I thought they were at least giving you guys a general idea. Out of those 3 I def wouldnt choose ZAN but thats just me.

So you literally have no idea until after the final eval? Ouch. I thought they were at least giving you guys a general idea. Out of those 3 I def wouldnt choose ZAN but thats just me.

The way they do it makes it pretty hard. There are 18 people in each class, but you only compete with the people that signed up for the same region as you for placement. About a week or so before evals they will come in and give us the list of facilities in order of priority that will be offered if everybody in your region passes the class. So lets say there are 12 Eastern people in your class, the list they provide will say something like 4 ZNY, then 4 ZMA, then 4 ZDC. If 4 people that were Eastern don't pass the class, the 4 ZDC spots would be removed from the list and even if you finished first in the class and wanted to go there, your choice is limited to ZNY or ZMA.

Also, anybody has the option to volunteer to go to Anchorage, San Juan, or Guam. If somebody in the above example was Eastern and passed the class but opted to go to San Juan, another spot on the East list would be taken away so they would be left with 4 ZNY and 3 ZMA for the 7 Eastern people to choose from. I believe tower kids have the option to volunteer for Fairbanks or Juneau Tower. So long story short, they provide a list about a week out....but its worthless until you see how many in your region pass and where you rank. But I'm young/flexible and will be so happy to hopefully pass the evals that Ill go anywhere with a smile on my face...even Guam if it came to that!

Back