Extreme large person petition to FAA and airlines

All plus-size passengers should be provided with an extra free seat, or even two or three seats depending on their size, to accommodate their needs and ensure their comfort during the flight.” Among other demands.

Want an extra seat? Buy an extra seat. Why should extra seats be free for you merely because you are extremely large?

From an ARFF perspective, if you’re a very obese person, you’re already at a disadvantage if you can’t self extricate in the event of an aircraft crash or fire, especially if you are too large for the overwing aircraft exits and your options are limited to the main cabin doors, often only at the far front or far aft of the aircraft. If you’re unconscious, chances of us being able to successfully rescue you is extremely lessened; it will be tough enough trying to rescue lighter, non-large people in a confined cabin space and especially one that is on fire, smoke filled, or collapsed/deformed.

The entitlement continues to rise to new heights. The pendulum needs to swing hard in the opposite direction.

It’s called ‘American Exceptionalism’. Like Dr. Letter said, good nutrition has given you some length of bone (giggity).

It’s why we have ice cream while the rest of ‘em have ‘gelato’ or ‘sorbays’; ‘cause we bootstrapped ourselves** into abundance and the freedom to have more.

Perhaps one day, an Olympic exhibition sport will be American finger pricking! :)

It’s called ‘American Exceptionalism’. Like Dr. Letter said, good nutrition has given you some length of bone (giggity).

It’s why we have ice cream while the rest of ‘em have ‘gelato’ or ‘sorbays’; ‘cause we bootstrapped ourselves** into abundance and the freedom to have more.
I had the best gelato last night. The sorbet looked just as good, too!

All's I'm picturing is two-fisting it with a cup and a cone and trying to figure out what to do with your cig. Florida Man is American Man and that's fine. That's okay.

(also ty for not disparaging my precious ice cream)

Florida Man ain't drinking no Bud Light! He's gonna drink Busch instead! :)

If we're still staying near the Duomo go eat at Osteria Milanese. Walking distance and some great signature classics from the region. Otherwise if we switched permanently the Fiera and CityLife districts are cool in their own way. For some really local food (as in dishes that someone from Rome like myself hasn't even heard of) take a subway to the central station and eat at Osteria del Treno. Or go take a walk along the Navigli, where all the cool kids these days go for restaurants, bars, and nightlife. Either way enjoy! It's a great city.

I did my first IOE trip to MXP on the 777. Unfortunately I was pretty well wiped out and it was raining and cold the whole time. If I ever go back I'll venture out and see the sights.

If we're still staying near the Duomo go eat at Osteria Milanese. Walking distance and some great signature classics from the region. Otherwise if we switched permanently the Fiera and CityLife districts are cool in their own way. For some really local food (as in dishes that someone from Rome like myself hasn't even heard of) take a subway to the central station and eat at Osteria del Treno. Or go take a walk along the Navigli, where all the cool kids these days go for restaurants, bars, and nightlife. Either way enjoy! It's a great city.
We are still out by Duomo. Unfortunately the 330 gets the super early departure out, so it’s not really a nightlife overnight. Food is always amazing though. Give me a nice glass of wine and true Milanese dishes and I’m happy.

Heaven forbid we address the obesity pandemic in this country….and you’re spot on from the ARFF perspective,during my EMS days we faced the same issues extricating heavies from car accidents with major intrusion compared to the average adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Had a “large“ woman that would have maxed out the area available and the GW on my helicopter when I was flying air ambulance…
NOPE, call a bus for this one…!

All plus-size passengers should be provided with an extra free seat, or even two or three seats depending on their size, to accommodate their needs and ensure their comfort during the flight.” Among other demands.

Want an extra seat? Buy an extra seat. Why should extra seats be free for you merely because you are extremely large?

From an ARFF perspective, if you’re a very obese person, you’re already at a disadvantage if you can’t self extricate in the event of an aircraft crash or fire, especially if you are too large for the overwing aircraft exits and your options are limited to the main cabin doors, often only at the far front or far aft of the aircraft. If you’re unconscious, chances of us being able to successfully rescue you is extremely lessened; it will be tough enough trying to rescue lighter, non-large people in a confined cabin space and especially one that is on fire, smoke filled, or collapsed/deformed.

If they want a seat they can fit in they should buy a first class seat. Think of it as a
“Fat tax”. I’m sick of having some random 350+ lb person pouring out of their seat and half way across my body like their disgusting body is supposed to be by burden.

I will say, while this petition is abhorrent to me, I did have a related, very humanity redeeming moment recently.

Commuting home, I got what was literally the last flight i could that night, and what I thought was the last seat onboard. Sure enough, this airline’s computer system wasn't working, so capt couldn't verify my jump-seat authorization (i guess?), so just took a seat in back and crossed my fingers. When the time came, plane got full, and couldn’t sit jump-seat. As the capt came to apologize for kicking me off, a rather large gentlemen (easily 6-7, 300+) overheard him and offered to give up the extra seat, he voluntarily purchased because of his size, if i didn't mind being crowded in the middle. I was shocked he was worried about my comfort…I stood up and hid in the back as soon as sterile dinged just to give him space.

Some people are good it seems

Back