Extreme large person petition to FAA and airlines

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
All plus-size passengers should be provided with an extra free seat, or even two or three seats depending on their size, to accommodate their needs and ensure their comfort during the flight.” Among other demands.

Want an extra seat? Buy an extra seat. Why should extra seats be free for you merely because you are extremely large?

From an ARFF perspective, if you’re a very obese person, you’re already at a disadvantage if you can’t self extricate in the event of an aircraft crash or fire, especially if you are too large for the overwing aircraft exits and your options are limited to the main cabin doors, often only at the far front or far aft of the aircraft. If you’re unconscious, chances of us being able to successfully rescue you is extremely lessened; it will be tough enough trying to rescue lighter, non-large people in a confined cabin space and especially one that is on fire, smoke filled, or collapsed/deformed.

Heaven forbid we address the obesity pandemic in this country….and you’re spot on from the ARFF perspective,during my EMS days we faced the same issues extricating heavies from car accidents with major intrusion compared to the average adult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Heaven forbid we address the obesity pandemic in this country….and you’re spot on from the ARFF perspective,during my EMS days we faced the same issues extricating heavies from car accidents with major intrusion compared to the average adult.

And if an aircraft is on its landing gear, then we are having to ladder-up to a wing or an exit, making extrication of a partially conscious, unconscious, or injured extremely heavy person that much more difficult and slow; part and parcel from the aircraft being crumpled or smashed. And if on fire, it’s that much worse. Would probably have to work rescuing the people who are easier to rescue, rather than take the excess time for one person, while jamming up exits and losing likely many more people who could saved much easier. The basic concept of triage.

When Southwest Ambulance was still around, they had a specific ambulance that sat at HQ and was called out when needed. Was marked as a bariatric ambulance, and had a winch and lift system for its heavy duty gurney, and was a special callout unit that would get manned by HQ EMS personnel. As a bariatric unit, it didn’t run normal EMS calls just so it could be available to be special called when needed. A demand from some group came in demanding that the words “bariatric unit” be removed from the outside of the unit because it supposedly unfairly highlighted and brought negative attention to, the patient in the back of it.

And if an aircraft is on its landing gear, then we are having to ladder-up to a wing or an exit, making extrication of a partially conscious, unconscious, or injured extremely heavy person that much more difficult and slow; part and parcel from the aircraft being crumpled or smashed. And if on fire, it’s that much worse. Would probably have to work rescuing the people who are easier to rescue, rather than take the excess time for one person, while jamming up exits and losing likely many more people who could saved much easier. The basic concept of triage.

When Southwest Ambulance was still around, they had a specific ambulance that sat at HQ and was called out when needed. Was marked as a bariatric ambulance, and had a winch and lift system for its heavy duty gurney, and was a special callout unit that would get manned by HQ EMS personnel. As a bariatric unit, it didn’t run normal EMS calls just so it could be available to be special called when needed. A demand from some group came in demanding that the words “bariatric unit” be removed from the outside of the unit because it supposedly unfairly highlighted and brought negative attention to, the patient in the back of it.

Ahhh yes,BSC1. There was a west side unit too known as BSC2 or “The Duece”. The winch never worked and they usually had to special call a second unit for lift assist manpower

All plus-size passengers should be provided with an extra free seat, or even two or three seats
1681813763338.gif

All plus-size passengers should be provided with an extra free seat, or even two or three seats depending on their size, to accommodate their needs and ensure their comfort during the flight.” Among other demands.

At this point, I identify as a plus size passenger. I may not need a seatbelt extender, but, should would appreciate not having to share an arm rest. So awkward when I have to put my arm on top of the middle passengers arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IM BIG give me more room adn a free seat please.....

Maybe, maybe not. They seem more ok with body shaming and ageism in their selective outrage.

Ageism, definitely. I’ve seen a whole lot of selective outrage over “body shaming,” though. Which is why we have magazines trying to go woke with fat women on the cover. Because apparently we’re just supposed to pretend that being wildly unhealthy is somehow “brave.”

Sometimes I need a second beer. SO I BUY A SECOND BEER! :)
Aircraft to now feature Congressionally mandated enhanced seat belt capacity…

d22aa4e7d1d9fd333e19c28d4c6fedc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oooh that would be handy!

One day I was eating popcorn, thought, “Man, a beer sounds great!” And had a Violet Beauregard moment….

From an ARFF perspective, if you’re a very obese person, you’re already at a disadvantage if you can’t self extricate in the event of an aircraft crash or fire, especially if you are too large for the overwing aircraft exits and your options are limited to the main cabin doors, often only at the far front or far aft of the aircraft. If you’re unconscious, chances of us being able to successfully rescue you is extremely lessened; it will be tough enough trying to rescue lighter, non-large people in a confined cabin space and especially one that is on fire, smoke filled, or collapsed/deformed.

From a passenger perspective, large people will block the exit.
It's even worse on smaller aircraft.

Fun fact, even the average American is YOOJ compared to other cultures.
It’s called ‘American Exceptionalism’. Like Dr. Letter said, good nutrition has given you some length of bone (giggity).

It’s why we have ice cream while the rest of ‘em have ‘gelato’ or ‘sorbays’; ‘cause we bootstrapped ourselves** into abundance and the freedom to have more.

Back