**EVERYTHING*** you wanted to know about the AT-SAT

Sweet! Thanks for putting all the fish in one barrel, Trident! :laff:

*Edit*

While I search these... does anyone know where the "green book" software might be available for download? I couldn't find a place to purchase it today, and I sure don't have time to wait for shipping.

*Will trade cookies for software.*

So I've read back through a lot of threads and haven't seen this one discussed yet (doesn't mean it hasn't been, just that I haven't seen it!):

What to wear for the AT-SAT? For those who have taken it already, what is the "norm"?

The same question could go for the school -what do you wear on a daily basis at the school?

I'd like to look professional but tend to over dress. :laff:

So I've read back through a lot of threads and haven't seen this one discussed yet (doesn't mean it hasn't been, just that I haven't seen it!):

What to wear for the AT-SAT? For those who have taken it already, what is the "norm"?

The same question could go for the school -what do you wear on a daily basis at the school?

I'd like to look professional but tend to over dress. :laff:

AT-SAT: Really doesn't matter, but I wore khakis and a nice shirt.
PEPC: Dress as you would for any interview (suit, shirt+tie, etc).
Academy: Business casual is the dress code.

Everyone says you have 8 hours, and a break in-between each section. But on average, how long should each section generally take? And how long of a break is appropriate? Are you allowed to go for a walk outside, etc., or are they worried you might speak of the test with others? Can you do each section in whatever order you choose? Is every single question timed, or just the section as a whole? Does time work against you, if you work at a slower pace, or for you, if you're quick?

Forgive me if any of these have been asked before.

Everyone says you have 8 hours, and a break in-between each section. But on average, how long should each section generally take? And how long of a break is appropriate? Are you allowed to go for a walk outside, etc., or are they worried you might speak of the test with others? Can you do each section in whatever order you choose? Is every single question timed, or just the section as a whole? Does time work against you, if you work at a slower pace, or for you, if you're quick?

Forgive me if any of these have been asked before.
I went for walks outside on my breaks. They don't care if you talk to anyone since this test tests skills, not knowledge. The sections as a whole are individually timed. Not the questions. Not sure if time is a factor in score, but I finished first out of the 15 testing and i got a 100.

I went for walks outside on my breaks. They don't care if you talk to anyone since this test tests skills, not knowledge. The sections as a whole are individually timed. Not the questions. Not sure if time is a factor in score, but I finished first out of the 15 testing and i got a 100.

Thanks!

Green Book Software Question!!!!

On the green book software, occasionally the questions will "time out," and right as you enter the answer, it will switch to the next question, entering that keystroke for THAT question instead of the one you were working on.

Result: 2 botched questions.

Is this true to the AT-SAT, or does the computer actually wait for your input? :banghead:

*edit* - some of these time out after like half a second, so don't think I'm super-slow with them or anything. :)

I don't remember the at-sat doing that. I was going kind of quickly through the questions but none of them skipped ahead on me.

Green Book Software Question!!!!

On the green book software, occasionally the questions will "time out," and right as you enter the answer, it will switch to the next question, entering that keystroke for THAT question instead of the one you were working on.

Result: 2 botched questions.

Is this true to the AT-SAT, or does the computer actually wait for your input? :banghead:

*edit* - some of these time out after like half a second, so don't think I'm super-slow with them or anything. :)

I know exactly what you mean. It's frustrating because you enter your choice and all of a sudden the screen flips past the next question.

How about not a good tool or tell tale of someone's actual ability? I guess it is all they have though. Venting about nothing.

I know exactly what you mean. It's frustrating because you enter your choice and all of a sudden the screen flips past the next question.
I had the same problem with my cd. might have something to do with opearating system, check for updates to the software online. but don't worry it didn't do it on the at-sat, however if you take to much time on one question you may be doing that yourself during the test so manage your time wisely

Back