Enough is enough rally in MKE

surreal1221

After contract abrogation's in 2008 at these ALPA, Int'l MEC's; CHA, SYK,
SPA, ATA, ASTAR and now MEA, the Midwest MEC is sponsoring an "Enough is
Enough" Rally at the MKE Airport at 1000 hrs on October 1, 2008.

Please encourage your pilots to attend and support the Midwest Pilots along
with Capt. John Prater, Capt Paul Rice and Capt Jay Schneidorf to
demonstrate with our union sisters and brothers that we are not going to be
put in a holding pattern while airline managements abrogate our contracts.
We must continue to fight for our contractual rights!

The Midwest Pilots are asking for your mutual support in their demonstration
against their management and will be inviting politicians who support labor
in their efforts to gain back the respect and dignity that all working men
and women deserve in this country.

Keep your MACH up!

Mike Donatelli

ALPA, Int'l SPSC Chairman

The mighty Prater will save them!! :buck:

I agree..get out there and have a rally, get more people involved, but have lardo stay home...

Who is getting Midwests routes? Republic? Wonder if those guys and gals will be there?

We've had a quite a few pilots show interest in getting up there for their rallies. WE DO NOT want this flying either.

All I know is that on Oct. 1st, when that first blue 170 rolls into MKE, I'm glad I won't be on it.

Hopefully the union can work some magic in the next few days, we'll see.

Schedule was released today, and some how I have managed to get the 1st off.

If anyone else plans on making the trip up there, let me know.

I think they should have the corporate Rat blow up doll riding on the back of a blow up Embraer 170.

Good luck to Midwest and RAH. I know someone at Midwest and they're saying CAs that were making 150k are going to take a 60% cut, downgrade and most of the pilot group will be replaced by RAH 170 pilots. I think we should all be behind ALPA and IBT and hope they can fix this problem. Hope those at RAH that will be flying these airplanes refuse do to fly them or organize a walk out.

Good luck to Midwest and RAH. I know someone at Midwest and they're saying CAs that were making 150k are going to take a 60% cut, downgrade and most of the pilot group will be replaced by RAH 170 pilots. I think we should all be behind ALPA and IBT and hope they can fix this problem. Hope those at RAH that will be flying these airplanes refuse do to fly them or organize a walk out.

Its not that easy my friend. No one at RAH likes this deal anymore than the MEH guys, but until they strike there is nothing we can do. If they do strike then we can refuse to fly cause we have a clause in our contract that we wont pass a picket line. The IBT has advised us that they have been talking with the MEH MEC and hopefully they ca work together. But if someone refused to fly these flights right now they would get fired and I know thats something I can not afford nor can anyone else here. I understand why people on this forum get so angry at regionals, but the pilots aren't asking for this and I'm not gonna lose my job for the sake of "doing the right thing" for the industry. I hope the unions take the right steps and more importantly I hope we get out of this damn recession ASAP, until then things will continue to go down hill

We at RAH got the go ahead from our MEC to join in the rally. They are going to make signs and posters for us. This obviously isn't a job action but more a show of support for our brothers and sisters over at Midwest and to show management that our contracts need to be taken seriously. Dates are still to be announced for when it would be best for us to be up there but I encourage anyone with the days off to go up there and show support. As said until Midwest strikes we cannot do anything but show support.

Schedule was released today, and some how I have managed to get the 1st off.

If anyone else plans on making the trip up there, let me know.

You've got JS privileges, hop up there yourself and support your ALPA brothers. I, unfortunately will be flying one of the 170's that day for Midwest...I can't get that damn trip dropped and no one will pick it up! Shocker!

Good for them!!! Good for Republic Pilots!! Excellent!! I'd join the rally but ain't got no travel bennies no more!!

Back