Enough is enough rally in MKE

It's great that you took the time to head up there. I wish I could have made it. I think it's time for you to get involved in some union work. ;)

Sorry to say, but no politicians showed up.

Prater and Rice were in attendance, along with numerous IBT 747 members, and I actually think I heard the President of IBT 747 was in attendance.

Prater's statement, along with MEA MEC's Chairman's message was very clear.

The RAH pilot group is not to blame. The blame for this latest outsourcing adventure is squarely on the management teams at each company (MEA and RAH).

It was also made clear that we, as union brother and sisters (no matter what affiliation) are all in this fight together.

MEA Flight Attendants and Mechanics were also in attendance.

Glad you were able to attend. It was interesting flying into MKE today and was pretty much pleased with the reception we got. We were the 2nd flight in and I guess the first flight was met by a line of Midwest pilots in the jetway who gave our crews literature about what was happening. Overall a good day...hoping it can work out for all in the end.

It's great that you took the time to head up there. I wish I could have made it. I think it's time for you to get involved in some union work. ;)

That's the plan. . .eventually. . .

I have to say though that I was a little, okay - not a little - a lot - disappointed in my own local leadership yesterday. We get an e-mail asking us to attend, and how many people show up?

We need a SOS and we need it NOW.

Bad idea, and not gonna happen. The decision was made a while ago that an SOS would only be considered for serious safety issues.

That's the plan. . .eventually. . .

I have to say though that I was a little, okay - not a little - a lot - disappointed in my own local leadership yesterday. We get an e-mail asking us to attend, and how many people show up?

None of your leadership even showed up? Just you? Your MEC Vice-Chair is an EVP, and he didn't even go?

Bad idea, and not gonna happen. The decision was made a while ago that an SOS would only be considered for serious safety issues.

Saving this career is a serious issues. The only way to get it back is with a SOS.

Saving this career is a serious issues. The only way to get it back is with a SOS.

Yes, it's a serious issue, but it's not a serious SAFETY issue, and that's the only kind of issue for which we could get away with doing an SOS. For starters, most pilots wouldn't go along with it. Reference "Flying the Line, Vol II." We estimated that about 40% of the pilots might walk with us, but that's about it. Second, the litigation and legislation that would follow would destroy our profession for good. ALPA would be bankrupted from the resulting fines, and Congress, even a pro-labor Congress, would pass enough legislation to cripple airline labor for the next century. If you're going to cripple the entire national air transportation system, then you'd better be damned sure that it's a life or death issue.

None of your leadership even showed up? Just you? Your MEC Vice-Chair is an EVP, and he didn't even go?

I didn't see him. Although he was listed as a Non-rev on the flight I took up to MKE. So. . .who knows, maybe he was in attendance, but I got the impression from the 15 or so MEA guys that I was the only person from my company in attendance. Flew up there with the Chairman of the XJT P2P Committee. . .Ed something or other (I'm horrible with names), and shared a car ride back to the airport with Rice and Prater. :eek:

Back