Enough is enough rally in MKE

Sure, who do you think will show up?

McCain and Obama? :p

Well...they are both politicians...and if they can get their face in the public...wait a minute...never mind. I forgot that McCain is totally against the working class, he won't be there. But if Palin shows up, let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ill be up there as im based there so if anyone is coming shoot me a pm and we can drink lots of beer afterwards...

I was thinking about going also. I have the 1st off as well, but the flight into MKE wouldn't get there till like 11ish.

What exactly is this supposed to prove? That were unified as to seperate groups, although still powerless unless Midwest strikes? Seems to me alot of RAH guys are planning to go up there to cover their embarassment over this whole deal. Now is the time to strike if there ever was one.

Good luck to Midwest and RAH. I know someone at Midwest and they're saying CAs that were making 150k are going to take a 60% cut, downgrade and most of the pilot group will be replaced by RAH 170 pilots. I think we should all be behind ALPA and IBT and hope they can fix this problem. Hope those at RAH that will be flying these airplanes refuse do to fly them or organize a walk out.

So why didn't regional pilots feel the same way when they replaced Delta, American and United flying? There were probably 5000 major jobs lost compared to a couple of hundred at Midwest.

Just curious.

I think this is one is a little easier to see. Its like the airplanes are taxiing past, with one set going to the desert and one going to the gate.

What exactly is this supposed to prove? That were unified as to seperate groups, although still powerless unless Midwest strikes? Seems to me alot of RAH guys are planning to go up there to cover their embarassment over this whole deal. Now is the time to strike if there ever was one.

You can look at it how you will but I think it proves that we support their cause and don't want the flying if they are going to be losing their jobs and parking their planes.

Also don't know for sure how all the striking stuff works but I'm pretty sure they can't just strike because they are upset. Getting a strike organized with the political powers today isn't going to be an easy task.

So why didn't regional pilots feel the same way when they replaced Delta, American and United flying? There were probably 5000 major jobs lost compared to a couple of hundred at Midwest.

Just curious.

If I were around and the situation was the same I would be against it too.

Agree...RAH guys will be at the rally while the 170s are taking off in the background. It's nice to show some solidarity but a bit ironic that just the thing they are a part of will be the backdrop.

Just curious.

My understanding of the eroding of scope is that it wasn't Regional Pilots that demanded the Mainline Pilot groups to erode scope.

It was the Mainline Pilot groups that didn't want to fly the small airplanes. . .

Correct me if I'm wrong. . .

But it was a totally different situation, in my eyes. No pilot group is asking Midwest to erode their own scope. No, the management is simply taking it upon themselves to bring in outsourced labor to fly some shiny jets around, at significantly lower rates.

How that can be compared to Mainline Pilot groups' approving, and passing CBA's that adjusted their scope accordingly so that they wouldn't have to fly those "small planes" is really beyond me. . .but perhaps you wouldn't mind enlightening me?

Agree...RAH guys will be at the rally while the 170s are taking off in the background. It's nice to show some solidarity but a bit ironic that just the thing they are a part of will be the backdrop.

Ironic? Sure. Do you fully understand that the RAH guys have absolutely nothing to do with this? The only way that "we're apart of this" is that management tells us what we'll fly or we lose our jobs. Get it?

Which brings me back to whats the point of us going to somone elses rally? Love it or hate it, you still have the fly the flight (unless you want to be terminated)...So basically its gonna be like "Rah rah rah down with management and republic airlines!...Can you hold my sign? Ive gotta make a MKE-MCI run in my E170". Whatever the case may be, i bet less the 10 RAH guys show up anyways.

How that can be compared to Mainline Pilot groups' approving, and passing CBA's that adjusted their scope accordingly so that they wouldn't have to fly those "small planes" is really beyond me. . .but perhaps you wouldn't mind enlightening me?

Well, it pretty much went like this...."approve this contract or take your chances with the bankruptcy court judge...who may very well deep six the entire thing..."

As I recall during contract polling, the majority of the pilots felt scope was a top issue. Most guys were prepared to take a strike over it. In the end, it was either give up scope or shut the company down with a strike. That's how the approval went...not willingly...but with your job held as collateral. I wouldn't say it was a feel good thing.

Kind of the same situation as Midwest...don't you think. At least I can draw some parallels.

Furthermore, most regional pilot groups were most giddy to take over the flying. In fact, one pilot group sued us over the entire scope clause. Nice, huh?

Fair enough.

Gun to the head type of tactics. . .nevertheless. . .it is the landscape we are playing in. I hate it as much as you hate it, but what would you like me as a regional pilot to do? Give you back these 700s and 900s? Goodness knows you dont want the 200s, with oil being what it is. More importantly, we as a pilot group lack that ability. We'd all, I think, would love to have a DAL seniority # than some out-sourced sub-contractor senority number.

I'm just trying to survive and make it to the next level. Oil running out, who knows how long this flying game will continue. . .

I don't know. . .

Schedule was released today, and some how I have managed to get the 1st off.

If anyone else plans on making the trip up there, let me know.

I couldn't make it as the new baby clock is rapidly approaching zero.

Let me know how it went....

Good! Let us know how it goes and who shows up as far as politicians, etc..

Sorry to say, but no politicians showed up.

Prater and Rice were in attendance, along with numerous IBT 747 members, and I actually think I heard the President of IBT 747 was in attendance.

Prater's statement, along with MEA MEC's Chairman's message was very clear.

The RAH pilot group is not to blame. The blame for this latest outsourcing adventure is squarely on the management teams at each company (MEA and RAH).

It was also made clear that we, as union brother and sisters (no matter what affiliation) are all in this fight together.

MEA Flight Attendants and Mechanics were also in attendance.

Back