Empire Air?

Avalon781ML

We have threads discussing AMF, Martex, and AirNet... oops... and now Encore! Does anyone here work for Empire? Got some questions for you if you do.... feel free to PM if you like...

Thanks!

Shoot... well I was really hoping to hear from these guys... well snap... back to trying to find gainful employment.

Shoot... well I was really hoping to hear from these guys... well snap... back to trying to find gainful employment.
Last time I talked to one of their pilots here he said they were looking for 208 drivers for Alaska. I also just met a new hire(for AK) on IOE the other day, so they seem to be hiring.
Like all the fedex feeders, at least 2000TT.

Last time I talked to one of their pilots here he said they were looking for 208 drivers for Alaska. I also just met a new hire(for AK) on IOE the other day, so they seem to be hiring.
Like all the fedex feeders, at least 2000TT.
I suppose... just seems there is something wrong with my resume (and its not my flight time) that keeps them from calling....

FYI the feeder schedule at ANC is sweet sauce...... Wheels up around 0900, back to ANC around 1530, five days a week, or so I've been told. In addition to Empire there's a local operator that operates Metros for feeder work as well. Rumor is most of their guys are former Amflight.

FYI the feeder schedule at ANC is sweet sauce...... Wheels up around 0900, back to ANC around 1530, five days a week, or so I've been told. In addition to Empire there's a local operator that operates Metros for feeder work as well. Rumor is most of their guys are former Amflight.
TransNorthern former Amflighters? Not the last couple guys I knew who worked there. One was from PenAir, the other was from Everts, don't know who is doing it now, so it could be former Amflighters.

TransNorthern former Amflighters? Not the last couple guys I knew who worked there. One was from PenAir, the other was from Everts, don't know who is doing it now, so it could be former Amflighters.

That said, Transnorthern or Empire in ANC are up there on the list of places I wouldn't mind being. That said, Empire in ANC has a hard time staying staffed because the Empire pay doesn't exactly compare to flying a Van for Hageland, PenAir, or Grant. A former coworker of mine went to Empire after working at Spernaks and absolutely loves it.

That said, Transnorthern or Empire in ANC are up there on the list of places I wouldn't mind being. That said, Empire in ANC has a hard time staying staffed because the Empire pay doesn't exactly compare to flying a Van for Hageland, PenAir, or Grant. A former coworker of mine went to Empire after working at Spernaks and absolutely loves it.
Is the Brian?

My source on the Amflight intel was a guy at FedEx loading the airplanes. That's just what he told me.....

Yep! That's the guy. Captain Krunch!

Could be, hell if I know though. The last few guys I knew there have moved on. After the kid gets here maybe I'll do something like that. We'll see.

Don't need 2000TT if you get hired as an ATR FO. I'm not sure what the competitie minimums are, but the guy who got hired recently didn't have 2k.

They are (or were recently) taking resumes for ATR FOs. Much lower minimums--though you could end up based almost anywhere; they're expanded a fair amount in recent years.

What is Empire's schedule?? I saw Mountain Air Cargo is something like 5 weeks on, 1 week off.. SWEET (at least to me lol)
Also, what are the odds of getting an Empire base you actually want? I'm attracted to them because I'd love to based in Anchorage, Seattle or Phoenix (weird I know.. I have my reasons lol)

I don't work for Empire, but for Wiggins (another FedEx feeder) I can tell you on my end the job is great, and decent schedule. Im a floater pilot, and sometimes I don't get a ton of flying in (10 hours in the last month maybe) but thats pretty much my only complain about the job, everything else is great.

Back