Eclipse flash in the pan

I have never seen a pilot hate airplane as much as you hate Eclipse ;)

What new dude?

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/gene...t Predicts Eclipse 500 Shutdown&channel=busav

forecast a shutdown??
:nana2::nana2::nana2: /dance /cheer /cheer/ dance:nana2::nana2::nana2:

I don't really think this is a good thing and I was never a huge fan of Eclipse. A friend of mine has one and he has been having a lot of trouble getting parts lately. There are about 300 of them flying, so hopefully someone will step in and take over supporting them. There are a lot of airplanes out there right now that need the icing mod and the garmin upgrades. As of right now there are almost no mechanics outside of the service centers that can even change the tires on the airplane, let alone do any major work.

This means there will be no training available for any future or current pilots which is a very big problem. There maybe some good money available for any instructors with an Eclipse type rating. Doing reccurent training at $1000 a day would be pretty nice. I have heard rumors from people in the know that they will still be produced in Russia.

Alex.

Obviously I don't think too many of us are happy about people losing their jobs. . .but. . .

I think some of us realized that this little VLJ market "boom" really wasn't going to go as far as the marketing had made it out to seem. As such, some will fail, and some will succeed.

Eclipse, imho, was destined to fail.

I think some of us realized that this little VLJ market "boom" really wasn't going to go as far as the marketing had made it out to seem. As such, some will fail, and some will succeed.

Eclipse, imho, was destined to fail.

Well obviously, but I think its pretty uncool to be happy about a place like that shutting down.

Well. . .we can't reasonably think that we can go on a crusade to adjust people's emotions now can we? ;)

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but that it's not really something anyone should really lose any sleep over. Some will feel extremely delighted, while some will feel like total crap.

So be it. . .

Sorry, but the thing has limited range when full of gas + people and the aquisition costs just didn't make sense when compared to a refurbed King Air, or even a CE-550. Oh, and don't forget the potential fraud that is being investigated with regards to the FAA part 25 certification process. It wouldn't suprise me to see the rest of the VLJ entries thinned out here sooner or later.

Now if it could also happen to Canadair and Embrair, imagine how much better 121 would become. No more RJs flying around. Sorry had to dream.

The Eclipse 500 looked like a neat little plane. Don't have much else to say...sucks when people lose their jobs though.

Didn't the Beech Starship also "fail", or were those never intended to be mass produced?

Didn't the Beech Starship also "fail", or were those never intended to be mass produced?
They were intended to be mass produced.

The project, at its completion, was so late it turned out it is cheaper to just buy a cessna jet. Perhaps if it had been completed closer to it's original schedule more would have been bought. A good lesson for all aircraft manufacturers. It remains the first composite ever certified. Bill Lear got close... RIP.

Sorry, but the thing has limited range when full of gas + people and the aquisition costs just didn't make sense when compared to a refurbed King Air, or even a CE-550. Oh, and don't forget the potential fraud that is being investigated with regards to the FAA part 25 certification process. It wouldn't suprise me to see the rest of the VLJ entries thinned out here sooner or later.

... part 23.

I like the Eclipse!!! and I don't think it is a good thing more factory workers, salesman, designers, pilots are loosing their jobs over this.
I'll tell you what I told the other guy on this thread.

sooner than plant is shut down the less people die in those aircraft.

I'll tell you what I told the other guy on this thread.

sooner than plant is shut down the less people die in those aircraft.

You can say that for any aircraft for that matter:rolleyes:. The airplane is not unsafe. none of this hearsay about how you heard or think the airplane is dangerous. If you operate it within the limitations the airplane works like a dream. It's just a matter of Eclipse getting their junk together and making it work like they said they wanted it to (ie icing/avionics). As for the future of the airframe I'm hoping it gets sold to some larger company not in the running for VLJ's yet (I'm crossing my fingers for Bombardier), so the network and experience will be greater for future eclipses. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending the Eclipse, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon saying it's the worlds most dangerous plane built out of paper mache.

Back