Eclipse flash in the pan

If the proscriptions are so strong that you can't talk about the details in public, maybe you shouldn't talk about it in public at all, eh?

I don't know the details of your situation from either a legal or a moral perspective, but sometimes saying "it's bad. I'm not allowed to tell you why it's bad but believe me, it's baaaaad" isn't the best way to go.

Just an observation.

:bandit:
The stuff I can say, I do, because its been made public. It may not be the best way to go but it is the way I'm going. I will continue to talk about it "in public" when it is public knowledge and I will continue to post up new stuff as it becomes available.

Personally I'd hope my methods work by in large but it won't matter soon, because there will be an "I told you so" before much longer. I've been more shocked by folks telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I remember a day as an FO up in ALB waiting to get back to LGA but there was a huge ground stop for winds (down to one runway). A couple pax told my captain he didn't know what he was talking about and the weather was fine there. I remember, in front of God and everybody, saying to those snotty punks "You're right, he's just a career airline pilot, what the hell would he know about it." Captain told me to go chill out somewhere away from the passengers which was fine by me. Situation isn't exactly the same here, I don't need to shut up or chill out. I'll continue posting up whatever new information I can about the 500.

The stuff I can say, I do, because its been made public. It may not be the best way to go but it is the way I'm going. I will continue to talk about it "in public" when it is public knowledge and I will continue to post up new stuff as it becomes available.

Personally I'd hope my methods work by in large but it won't matter soon, because there will be an "I told you so" before much longer. I've been more shocked by folks telling me I don't know what I'm talking about. I remember a day as an FO up in ALB waiting to get back to LGA but there was a huge ground stop for winds (down to one runway). A couple pax told my captain he didn't know what he was talking about and the weather was fine there. I remember, in front of God and everybody, saying to those snotty punks "You're right, he's just a career airline pilot, what the hell would he know about it." Captain told me to go chill out somewhere away from the passengers which was fine by me. Situation isn't exactly the same here, I don't need to shut up or chill out. I'll continue posting up whatever new information I can about the 500.

Steve C said it much better than I could. Can't believe you followed up such a professional post by Steve with "I don't need to shut up or chill out....I'll continue posting what I want." You sound like a high school girl.

I could post all day long and say, "just believe me" as an excuse without providing any evidence at all. I'm sorry, that doesn't fly with me and your methods are not working.

I *was* a huge fan of the Eclipse, now I'm not. I talked to some pilots and looked at it while in BCT in the Lear. What a hunk of junk.

One thing people should realize that innovation is great for our industry. It gets aircraft manufacturers to build some amazing pieces of machinery. Have you seen the avionics in some of the new jets coming out? It's unreal and we wouldn't have that if people weren't thinking outside the box.

I think the best thing to come out of Eclipse was it forced Cessna to make the Mustang. Now there's a real VLJ. Love that airplane.

Steve C said it much better than I could. Can't believe you followed up such a professional post by Steve with "I don't need to shut up or chill out....I'll continue posting what I want." You sound like a high school girl.

I could post all day long and say, "just believe me" as an excuse without providing any evidence at all. I'm sorry, that doesn't fly with me and your methods are not working.

I *was* a huge fan of the Eclipse, now I'm not. I talked to some pilots and looked at it while in BCT in the Lear. What a hunk of junk.

One thing people should realize that innovation is great for our industry. It gets aircraft manufacturers to build some amazing pieces of machinery. Have you seen the avionics in some of the new jets coming out? It's unreal and we wouldn't have that if people weren't thinking outside the box.

I think the best thing to come out of Eclipse was it forced Cessna to make the Mustang. Now there's a real VLJ. Love that airplane.

Seen the new avionics? I used to test them for certification.

PS. You outa see the new avionics and radar packages on the F-22

Radar is strong it gives you a telescope view of what you are looking at. Imagine just looking at your target from tens of miles away. On top of that you can simultaneously send all info to other aircraft and relay back to base by sat or AWACS. And I thought my SAAB gain was powerful.

So rather then being vague and a sarcastic prick maybe you could shed some light on your experience and how you helped certify it. For those that don't know you it just comes across that you don't like the airplane for god knows what reason. If you in fact did help certify it, your experience probably would help the membership if you would expound on it a little more especially since there is a chance some on here may fly this airframe in the near future.

But then how would he be able to come across as cooler than the rest of us?

But then how would he be able to come across as cooler than the rest of us?
I'm sure to a kid, you as an FO seem much cooler. Doesn't even need to be a captain of a regional, or a chief pilot of a legacy. I know a #### ton more about this than you do, and I'm not an expert with 40 years in the field. I know more about this than you do, and in grown up world there are things I can discuss and things I don't feel comfortable discussing until it all comes out. Deal with it.

I'm sure to a kid, you as an FO seem much cooler. Doesn't even need to be a captain of a regional, or a chief pilot of a legacy. I know a #### ton more about this than you do, and I'm not an expert with 40 years in the field. I know more about this than you do, and in grown up world there are things I can discuss and things I don't feel comfortable discussing until it all comes out. Deal with it.

That all may be true but the way you present yourself you've probably lost credibility with 95% of those that read your dribble. Maybe over beers you are an ok guy, sounds like you have some decent experience but on here you come across as a ####ing #######. Guess what, people don't like listening to ####ing #######s. So if that is the way you want to continue posting, don't bother, because no one is even going to listen.

That all may be true but the way you present yourself you've probably lost credibility with 95% of those that read your dribble. Maybe over beers you are an ok guy, sounds like you have some decent experience but on here you come across as a ####ing #######. Guess what, people don't like listening to ####ing #######s. So if that is the way you want to continue posting, don't bother, because no one is even going to listen.

Dude. Chill.

Fine, fair enough. This thread hasn't had anything worthwhile in a while. Unless that is a bunch of people with no industry experience telling me I have no credibility.

Moderators, if possible, please shut it down.

Real quick though mike, me losing credibility? That's like a kid telling me I'm not a real pilot because I don't fly "the big ones" or "the prop jobs?". My tone doesn't negate the fact that I DO know what I'm talking about. Beer or no this thread has shown me who is worth the time to reply to on here. When I continue to bring up new news on eclipse do all yourselves a favor and don't post. I'm not posting this crap up here to educate myself.

Perhaps it is information that one wouldn't want to make public, considering the litigation currently in progress.

Just a thought - but clearly it is some conspiracy to hide information from the JetCareers membership. :whatever:

Back