Dream Places to Fly?

Short answer anywhere where corn and soy bean fields aren't abundant.

Long answer: Anywhere tropical perhaps do some island hopping. New Zealand and Australia would be cool. Canada would be a nice set of scenery. Oh Greece/Crete would be great too.

If conditions were favorable I'd also kill to do some mountain flying (Colorado and Swiss Alps come to mind).

I took a job to get me back to the land of soybeans and corn. It's amazing what you miss when you leave it.

Honestly anywhere out on the west coast flying over and around the mountains. Some of the most beautiful parts of the country are on the west coast.

I have flown (Bush Flying) in the South Pacific and now I'm in the Northern Part of the Amazon, absolutely love it here, this is a trailer of a small documentary a friend of mine made about me flying here. If you like adventure this is the place to be.

Las Trancas. Private Lumber Yard dirt airstrip on the edge of a cliff Northwest of Santa Cruz on the Pacific Coast. The owners have let people land there in the past by request, I hope to do that one day. Flying over or even driving by, you'd hardly guess it was an airport with a windsock being the only clue that the dirt is a runway, not just a road. Better stop in time, over-run this without enough energy for a go-around and you're probably going to die.
7237788694_483e5a5ef9_z.jpg

Used to go in there all the time. Great beach.
C185 at Davenport CA.jpg
CA Davenport Short Final.jpg
Davenport 5.png
Davenport 7.png

Back