Dream Job?

I used to have an apartment on the side of Queen Anne Hill overlooking Lake Union. I was in the higher of 2 buildings, so on decent (warm) mornings I would take my coffee and newspaper down to the roof of the next building and watch those guys taking off and landing on the Lake.

It amazed me that one of those float planes never ran over or killed a kayaker on the lake - they seemed to paddle out there with reckless abandon. I also was shocked at how low the planes would come in over the bridge...

Then I'd start drinking all day at the Dexter and Hayes pub, but that's a whole 'nuther story....

NOt for another thread resurrection (killbilly wont even read this :)), but I used to live in Everett when I was a kid and I loved it. Probably the best place for a kid to be around airplanes and a great flying community.

I remember the float planes, I wanted to go on a ride once but they were for private charter.

Washington......

Is cold, wet, and rainy.

I stayed in everett for about 4 weeks while i was doing aerial survey up near bellingham in the cascades and along the border. Rain, Snow, Rain, Snow, Rain, Snow

....but the mountains were pretty.

But the Summers...85 degrees NO humidity, beautiful.

You get used to it after 9 years:)

Back