Dream Job?

I heard Snyder just got a Global Express so that would be a fun gig. I think he is one of the few owners who puts the team logo on his plane. Huizenga with the Dolphins puts it on everything.

The owners planes dont fly the players around as much as you think. I deal with one kinda regularly when the owner comes to his summer/weekend/play house and the pilots are all great guys. They have only flown one player in there years doing it and that player was the team superstar!

And if work was fun.... they wouldn't call it "WORK"!!!
wink.gif

Ok...the ideal dream job. Charter a 172 in the Bahamas, only an island where no one ever goes. It's just like not having a job, only you do!

[ QUOTE ]
Ok...the ideal dream job. Charter a 172 in the Bahamas, only an island where no one ever goes. It's just like not having a job, only you do!

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind owning a caravan and flying pax from west palm to marsh harbour or treasure cay all day either.

Yeah really, major thread resurection, in this whole forum actually.

gotta love it though, I've seen most, but some "new" stuff I havnt seen.

I'd either want to fly for Avantair since that Piaggio rocks and everytime I see one I wish it were me in that left seat. But on the other end of things, flying the Twin Otter for Seaborne in the Virgin Islands would not be half bad either. Guess I'll see where life takes me. Way too dream of these goals when right now I'm still dreaming of getting the CFI within the next 24 months.

My dream charter/corporate job would be flying a Citation or King Air to the Bahamas on a consistant basis. How could one get tired of that?!?!?

My dream charter/corporate job would be flying a Citation or King Air to the Bahamas on a consistant basis. How could one get tired of that?!?!?

If you don't get paid enough it could get old, and seeing some of these charter companies down here in FL and how they operate, it could be a nightmare. I have a buddy flying Lear 55's in FLL and he's hating it since it's not a good company to be with.

My dream retirement job is flying a Caravan on floats throughout the caribbean with my own company.:insane:

Having flow for both a fractional and corporate I can assure you they are very much different. Both have good and bad, but fraxs are more like the airlines. I went corporate (this was before the new contract). I enjoy flying the same family and not having to deal with pre-madonna customers that can't afford their own plane. Don't get me wrong some to the "owners" were nice but most were "new money". I never stayed in a super nice hotel with NJ and sat around FBO's waiting for a "maybe" call out.

We put or family on the plane with their are empty seats...*nice perk*. But it totally depends on what your looking for. NJ has nice equipment but WAY WAY WAY to much politics for me. Union used to be a pain in the butt...i understand that has changed.

All about how much they pay you and how long the checks keep coming...thats what to keep in mind.

Dream job would be flying a Gulfstream...I don't care if is corp., frac., or charter.

:nana2:

I wouldn't mind flying the Playboy jet. :D

Seriously, though - Stone Cold nailed it. I'd like to fly a float Caravan or the other one that Kenmore Air flies (DeHavilland of some kind) off Lake Union in Seattle, shuttling people up to and from Victoria and the San Juans. That gig would be 100% awesome.

I wouldn't mind flying the Playboy jet. :D

Seriously, though - Stone Cold nailed it. I'd like to fly a float Caravan or the other one that Kenmore Air flies (DeHavilland of some kind) off Lake Union in Seattle, shuttling people up to and from Victoria and the San Juans. That gig would be 100% awesome.

ah, lake union, you bring back memories.

ah, lake union, you bring back memories.

I used to have an apartment on the side of Queen Anne Hill overlooking Lake Union. I was in the higher of 2 buildings, so on decent (warm) mornings I would take my coffee and newspaper down to the roof of the next building and watch those guys taking off and landing on the Lake.

It amazed me that one of those float planes never ran over or killed a kayaker on the lake - they seemed to paddle out there with reckless abandon. I also was shocked at how low the planes would come in over the bridge...

Then I'd start drinking all day at the Dexter and Hayes pub, but that's a whole 'nuther story....

We fly our Citation to Bermuda on a consistent basis, and it gets really old, real quick. Of course, to be fair, it might be more fun if we ever overnighted there.

Back