DOJ sues to prevent LCC/AMR link up

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn_t640.gif

Parker, Kirby and ect. have made it clear this is what they have been planning for.
Do they have Plan b?

drunkenbeagle said:
Offer to park planes and swap slots, that's what usually happens

Yeah, I think the merger will go through.

The DOJ along with some States are making sure they have Parker's attention, which they do now, and he will need to do as they ask.

I was reading the live blog of the DOJ, and a lot of the points they brought up were not easy fixes. Made it clear that it wasn't just about DCA slots. If this ends up happening I feel it will be at the loss of a large number of mainline jobs.

Kingairer said:
I was reading the live blog of the DOJ, and a lot of the points they brought up were not easy fixes. Made it clear that it wasn't just about DCA slots. If this ends up happening I feel it will be at the loss of a large number of mainline jobs.

What were the points?

Outright loss of jobs, or bits and pieces being sold to other carriers where they have to hire new people?

Just politics, the Administration doesn't want to look like it is rolling over to big business, so the DOJ is going to look like they are doing something. They'll give up some token slots at DCA and PHL, and park some planes they were going to park anyway. Same thing they did to keep the Europeans happy.

The DOJ's argument that they compete on "one stop connecting routes" is total BS.

Back