DOJ sues to prevent LCC/AMR link up

BobDDuck said:
Can you imagine how many small cities would lose service if the legacy carriers only flew routes that were profitable?
It would be like MS in the early 90's. Not enough show up for MEM flight it was canceled until enough people showed up.

Can you imagine how many small cities would lose service if the legacy carriers only flew routes that were profitable?

Then they would either become profitable (increased fares), or stop service. Call me a capitalist, but I like JetBlue's business model.

Are you kidding? ALL of the country will benefit with 15 more flights from Washington to Orlando!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Or FLL or SJU. :)

Yep, we added slots to places already served. The demand is apparently there, though, since the flights are (at worst) 85% on the loads. The object of an airline is to make money, not serve small cities. Slot restricted? Rather than have two RJs a day, put one E190 on there. Suddenly Airways has freed up a slot for something else and hasn't cut seats, just frequency. It's not like we're getting 321s because they're shiny. It's to re-allocate slots out of JFK and LGB.

Back