Do you think?

[ QUOTE ]
I now I asked a similar question to this but, If I worked my hardest, do you think I can work for a major airline at the age of 24? Do you think this is a good timeline to work for a major airline at age 24?

at age 17 get my private
at age 18 get my commercial
at age 18 get my insrtument
at age 18 get my multi
at age 19 get my all my CFI ratings.
at age 19-20 instruct
at age 21 work for regional
at age 24 work for a major airline

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, how old are you now? When I was a teenager, I thought I knew it all and had everything planned out. However, life doesn't work that way! The best advice I would say is too keep a clean record, and go to college and get a four year degree. You could major in flying but why? You can learn flying and get your pilot ratings around college, so major in something other than aviation. That will give you something to fall back on if you ever get grounded!

Just curious, 747 are you still around? Have you read any of these posts??
smile.gif
There's some pretty good info listed here; are you reading?
wink.gif

Here is a silly question. Please remember it is coming from someone who is not a pilot...

Are you required to maintain insurance on airplanes? I know you have to on cars in most states I have lived in. But is there an FAA rule? Obviously if you had to take a loan to pay for the aircraft the note holder is going to require insurance but in the theoretical rich guy buys for his Citation with cash outright. What insurance is he required to have?

If he lands on me is my family going to be able to hire "Bill Green, the heavy hitter" or possibly "Lowell the hammer Stanley" to fight his insurace company?

There is no regulation of which I'm aware that requires insurance on airplanes. However, it would be extremely foolish not to have it. Considering the size of the investment, most people really want it insured.

FL270

There is no insurance requirement. In fact, every airplane in the Univ of Illinois fleet is NOT insured. I have no idea why.

Back