Do you think?

There's something called CONTEXT that you missed. Here's the whole post:

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing wrong with the P210, Malibu, and Bonanza aircraft. It's the pilots that kill themselves, not the planes themselves. And I'm sure with the right training, a 200 hour pilot could fly a Citation with no problem. Keep in mind that many of the T-38s you see tooling around in the Flight Levels at Mach 0.9 are being flown by a USAF student pilot with @150 TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

The comparision, if you wanted to compare, is that the AF student can do it beacuse of his excellent training, while the 17 yr old kid with an engine on his left and an engine on his right and 50 hours behind him is more of a gamble.

The actual 'flying' part of flying is easy, it's the decisions like whether 25kt gusting X-winds in a light single are too much that are hard.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The comparision, if you wanted to compare, is that the AF student can do it beacuse of his excellent training, while the 17 yr old kid with an engine on his left and an engine on his right and 50 hours behind him is more of a gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a stupid conversation. No 50 hour pilot could get insurence one a twin
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about insurance...we're talking about ratings!!!

747, you most likely need a 4 year degree to fly at a regional let alone a major airline. Also, who said airlines will even be hiring pilots when you are 24 or 25 or 26.....

My brother Mike was talking to a Cessna rep a few years ago and asked a similar question. He asked if, theoretically, could a person purchase and get his private in a CitationJet.

Theoretically yes, but finding someone to insure a single-pilot CitationJet pilot with hardly any total time is akin to asking for a fruit smoothie in Hades!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This is actually a stupid conversation. No 50 hour pilot could get insurence one a twin

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're mistaken. I know of a few FBOs that rent out twins to people who hold a multiengine rating. No hourly requirements with that.

And I'd really like to know why you consider this a stupid conversation. I personally know what it's like being a 50-60 hour newly minted private pilot. Ego aside kid, you're going to be a gamble with a multiengine rating at 50 total.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He asked if, theoretically, could a person purchase and get his private in a CitationJet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you guys are reading my post wrong or I misworded it
tongue.gif
I didn't mean for him to do his private in a multi. What I meant was to work on the both of them at the same time, like Tim06 is. He's only 13 so if he were to start now he'd be done all the private stuff and could work on his multi. I didn't mean for him to do his private in a Seneca.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not do a private in a multi?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're mistaken. I know of a few FBOs that rent out twins to people who hold a multiengine rating.

[/ QUOTE ]

And they don't need inst. ratings?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've known a few people that have gotten their multi before their instrument...and flown!

[ QUOTE ]
I've known a few people that have gotten their multi before their instrument...and flown!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a multiengine rating for almost a solid year before my instrument. You're usually just limited to day VFR.

Money would be the first factor in not getting your private in a multi. Secondly, it would probably be a lot harder and even a bit more dangerous I think. Could you imagine having an engine failure on a ground ref maneuver? All that aside, 747, take it easy. You're thirteen years old, baby steps dude...first think about highschool and passing history class, then, if you have time, start working on your private. And if your still motivated start working on your commercial and instrument maneuvers. That way, when you turn 18 and take all those checkrides at once and enroll yourself into a COLLEGE, and if that college has an aviation program, you can immediatly begin work on your CFI. Then you'll totally be ahead of the game. I know this can be done because I had a flight partner that was an incoming freshmen that was enrolled with me in our CFI class. He got all his ratings at the FBO of the airport he worked at before he came to college. Motivation is a good thing, just make sure you dont burn yourself out before you have a chance to make it to the airlines.

[ QUOTE ]
Why are all of citationkid's posts blank now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Was wondering that myself.

I don't know if he did, but if he deleted all of his posts, that's pretty cheesy.
tongue.gif
Like I said, I don't know if he did or not. I just don't know any other reason why they'd all have disappeared.

Back