Do you still fly for fun?

Hope you don't mind me asking, but I have a question:

When you are on furlough, are there any requirements that you maintain currency? If there are no rules about that, does it make sense to remain current anyway?

I haven't flown an airplane in over 5 months.

I'm trying to pull some strings to get back into a single and get current, then do a few BFR's for friends.

Nice looking machines. Mine has an HIO-360 in it and is just a VFR bird. 9gal aux tank so about 3:30 fuel. I flt plan at 130kts true and 9gal/hr. You?

I would like to upgrade the panel but $$$...

I watched the video.. at what speed do you bring the tail up? I come off the ground around 65-70mph.

I don't PIC the newer one with the big engine yet, so I don't know its numbers, but the older one with the 145 horse burns about 9 gal/hr, it has the aux tank under the seats, so 37 gallons total, and it usually indicated around 130 mph.

They both have steerable tailwheels, so I hold it on the ground until about 40-45mph before lifting the tail. These old airplanes have no real v-speeds. The original manual says something along the lines of "accelerate until sufficient speed for flying has been attained." That's pretty much what I do. The airplane tells you when it's ready to fly. But like you said, it's usually around 65-70 mph.

Back