Dispatcher Pay Spreadsheet

Sorry to take my time replying, but as they never put out a press release I thought it was best to hold off. I can now publicly reveal it was Delta that had a TA, which passed the ratification vote and will lead to a 4.5% pay increase for their flight superintendents. Not a huge jump, but also they were already making industry leading pay there (and have great scheduling rules.) Congrats to everyone at DL!
And now we wait for all the rest to trigger raises and new TAs. Man I love bidding wars in these situations.

And now we wait for all the rest to trigger raises and new TAs. Man I love bidding wars in these situations.

Usually a comparator letter will just trigger a new pay scale, not an entirely new TA - of course it depends if said airline has a comparator letter with DL or not. I agree, though, more money is always nice.

From what I understand SWA is currently in negotiations for their expiring contract. It will be very interesting to see if they match or even top DL.

Another useful fact you may want to add to the sheet is how many years it takes to reach top out pay. Currently it takes 15yrs at WN while some others I know are 10-11years

So how does the increase in pay work? Ex) Would you be making 70k at SWA for about 10 years before it goes to 100k?

Last edited:
It’s not an even increase each year, you just have to see the payscale to see the jump. It’s not as simple as saying starting pay is x amount and top out is x amount so just divide the difference by 15.

It’s not an even increase each year, you just have to see the payscale to see the jump. It’s not as simple as saying starting pay is x amount and top out is x amount so just divide the difference by 15.
Some scales even have essentially no pay raise until year 8 of a 15 year scale when you get a 37% raise. A consistent scale would be nice.

Is it proper to ask your employer what the pay raise scale is? Are you entitled to know? I would think so. I just realized I have no idea what ours is and I’ve never asked.

It's the one thing that directly impacts you the most. I've asked for payscale information during an interview once, they had no problem telling me. I'd ask!

Some carriers have healthy years mingled in their contracts. Some years it’s a larger % pay raise then others as you increase in steps to top of scale.

Dispatch at Sun Country approved a new contract this week.

The effect on pay is a moderate increase now, another in 12 months, then +2% for the following 3 years.

Year 1: $3,547/mo
Year 14:$6,941/mo

In 12 months it will increase to...
Year 1: $4,208/mo
Year 14:$7,479/mo

After year 14 pay goes up $0.40 per hour per year indefinitely.

The old payscale for the first 6 months is gone in the new contract.

Empire airlines in Hayden, Idaho
Pay raise last year
( heard from multiple sources)

Starting is 18.25/hr, once signed off is 19.50/hr

Ten year top out is 34.92/hr
there is bonus for shift differential and other headers can be additional 2/hr( lots of OT)

Potentially make 75-80k topping out 10 yrs

Back