Dispatch Burnout

Related to the thread:

13995535_936690073107817_4442086056215301781_o.jpg

'Burned out' while working the profession has its pro's. Cannot name any cons because there isn't any.
Burned out? Go back to school part-time in another field you may be interested in. Do not go full-time because you'll have a hard time (unless you think you can do it full-time).
Essentially if you think deeper about this situation, you should be able to pay for more knowledge without killing your bank account.
Individuals who work minimum wage jobs and going to school full-time is difficult (I did this). Use your decision and feeling to acquire more knowledge in something while you have the chance.
I am doing the same thing. I'm not really burned out, but more of wanting to open my options in the world. I enjoy the dispatch work. Just want to get some more options open before I do perhaps start feeling 'burned out'. Probably won't, but my future self will thank my younger self.

EDIT: I need to add that you'll meet more people going back to school. Its going to happen.

Last edited:
With 1.5 years experience dispatching (3.5 in the industry), I so far cannot imagine becoming "burned out" to the point of wanting to change professions. I imagine that if I were to end up in the situation x number of years from now I would make a move within my airline. There isn't job I would be willing to do that is outside of the industry, aviation is generational for me, in my blood.

I'd like to think the ramp would take me back with open arms if this career path is not for me.

I can't see myself switching industries, though.

I certainly don't lose sleep over it... but exactly, I have never seen someone have so many opinions on subjects she clearly doesn't know anything about, firsthand anyways. Therefore, I find her commentary useless. Sure its nice and all to exchange pleasantries but let's get real. She has no input of value as it relates to the profession. She just floods the threads with a bunch of crap posts. She's not the only one. But shes been a member for three months and has over 1000 posts on a dispatch forum, and she's not even a dispatcher.
You think that's bad? Take a look over here: http://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/cant-we-all-just-get-along.240372/

Back