Dirty uniform shirts

+1 on the Oxy Clean. Don't use bleach.

My biggest shirt problem is the shoulder harnesses making a black mess of the top/back of my shoulders. Comes out easy enough with Shout Greasy Stain Formula, but looks like hell after most flights.

Who you callin' a black mess? I will cut you.

To get the yellow out, try soaking your shirts in OxyClean overnight before washing. The heavier yellow, the more it should soak. Helped restore a lot of my dress shirts but I tried it on some old undershirts that had caked on deodorant for years of wear.

Another quick tip. If your shirt is unpacked and has some wrinkles in it, hang it in the bathroom, turn the hot water on and let it steam for a bit. Just make sure you close the bathroom door in hotels, if not, I have had the fire alarm go off. Pants with wrinkles? Same thing works, but hang them upside down so the waist hangs at the bottom. The added weight pulls the wrinkles out faster.

To get the yellow out, try soaking your shirts in OxyClean overnight before washing. The heavier yellow, the more it should soak. Helped restore a lot of my dress shirts but I tried it on some old undershirts that had caked on deodorant for years of wear.

Another quick tip. If your shirt is unpacked and has some wrinkles in it, hang it in the bathroom, turn the hot water on and let it steam for a bit. Just make sure you close the bathroom door in hotels, if not, I have had the fire alarm go off. Pants with wrinkles? Same thing works, but hang them upside down so the waist hangs at the bottom. The added weight pulls the wrinkles out faster.
do this while you shower and not just randomly waste water

I just wash my uniform shirts in the normal washing mashine with other whites. I do it with bleach and on a hot setting, rinse cold. They've always come out just fine and lasted me plenty long. If they are getting destroyed by this process in less than a year you need to find higher quality shirts, most I've used haven't been an issue.

I just wash my uniform shirts in the normal washing mashine with other whites. I do it with bleach and on a hot setting, rinse cold. They've always come out just fine and lasted me plenty long. If they are getting destroyed by this process in less than a year you need to find higher quality shirts, most I've used haven't been an issue.
Or you're sweating too damn much. Consider bidding someplace frozen.

Back