Dirty uniform shirts

I'm looking forward to the day there's a fifteen page thread on JC on the Ins and Outs of Interior Decorating. It's coming soon.

Seriously, man, that sweat-soaked collar does NOT match your color palette! And do you even MOISTURIZE, like AT ALL? OMG, INTERVENTION!

That's already happened with the thread about moisturizing and using sunscreen.

Only wash the uniform shirts alone
Use the highest water setting
Don't use bleach
Use high quality detergent ie Tide in limited quantities
If you're really into it repeat the cycle but without any detergent
Air dry only!

I also apply via roller a detergent water mix to the inside collar.

http://www.pilotshirts.com/shirtcare.asp

I've only dry cleaned a single shirt, for my interview...

Try switching to an aluminum free deodorant.

I hate stick deodorant, hate the feel of antiperspirant but is there a non-alumnium spray?

Antiperspirant makes brown people look like their under arms have been going NOM NOM NOM on powdered donuts and ain't nobody got time for dat.

Try switching to an aluminum free deodorant.

I hate stick deodorant, hate the feel of antiperspirant but is there a non-alumnium spray?

Antiperspirant makes brown people look like their under arms have been going NOM NOM NOM on powdered donuts and ain't nobody got time for dat.

"Admittedly, the logistics of pooping become someone more, er, involved..."

True, but everyone will marvel at your ability to wear a grown-up onsie to work.
Or you could get the Mod V style, I hear it has a butt zipper for just that scenario.

Must be nice. The other half still has to wash and iron as part of our pre trip regiment. :)
Psh I just do it because its easier and I like nicely pressed shirts. Not because I am Mr. money bags, I just try to use that uniform allowance accordingly.

Honestly, flight suits for everyone, problem solved. Sure, they're ridiculous, but when was the last time you heard of a guy accidentally washing his flight suit with his girlfriend's underwear and having to make an emergency run to Burlington Coat Factory at 6:30 am? Admittedly, the logistics of pooping become someone more, er, involved, but at least you're not suddenly required to become an extremely high strung gay man every time you make the mistake of eating something which is more delicious with ketchup on it. That, plus, when you finally crash, you're a bit less likely to burn to death. Think about it, Aviation...I think I'm on to something, here. #TeamFlightSuits?

I vote for ACUs. Two-piece, so no, err, pooping issues. No ironing, no bleaching, that little stain from your enroute lunch blends right in to the landscape, cargo pockets for the wallet instead of sitting on it, no shirt tails to come un-tucked and look slovenly, ... it's perfect!

Honestly, flight suits for everyone, problem solved. Sure, they're ridiculous, but when was the last time you heard of a guy accidentally washing his flight suit with his girlfriend's underwear and having to make an emergency run to Burlington Coat Factory at 6:30 am? Admittedly, the logistics of pooping become someone more, er, involved, but at least you're not suddenly required to become an extremely high strung gay man every time you make the mistake of eating something which is more delicious with ketchup on it. That, plus, when you finally crash, you're a bit less likely to burn to death. Think about it, Aviation...I think I'm on to something, here. #TeamFlightSuits?

Heh. The Aerostich Roadcrafter would be even better! If you crash you're ARMORED!!'

www.aerostich.com

Spray on deodorant. Flashbacks to junior high gym class.

So a few of my A Cut Above shirts are beginning to show a yellow tint. I'm not sure if this is from dirty solution at the dry cleaner or from washing them at home with the regular laundry.

Either way, what do your guys recommend for whitening uniform shirts?
Drop that one in the trash can, and get yourself a new shirt.

The problem is that white clothes aren't really white. They're grey, beige or yellowish....even if you bleach the crap out of them.

But since we all dig white white, most kinds of white fabric have a "bluing agent" in them, that adds a faint blue tint to the fabric, which counteracts the yellow. That's why after long use your shirts and whatnot become yellow or grey....the bluing agent gradually leeches out of the fabric, and you're left with what the fabric really looks like.

If you want to fix it, you need to re-blue the fabric, with something like:

http://mrsstewart.com/

So, it depends on how bad you want to keep that particular shirt. If they're spendy or you've got them fitted just right, then it's probably worth the trouble. If they're $14 Van Huesens, then probably not.

I send mine to the cleaners, and don't run into this much anymore.

Richman

I need to take permanent measures.

halfmeasures.jpg

Attachments

• Tyrone.jpg
    Tyrone.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 121
+1 on the Oxy Clean. Don't use bleach.

My biggest shirt problem is the shoulder harnesses making a black mess of the top/back of my shoulders. Comes out easy enough with Shout Greasy Stain Formula, but looks like hell after most flights.

Second on OxyClean. I wash my shirts by themselves with a scoopful and the hottest water possible and let them soak for at least an hour. Only use bleach for your tighty-whiteys and socks

Back