Delta VS Delta Connection carriers...

Re: Mgt .vs. Labor

[ QUOTE ]
Freedom was an excellent business move. I'm not making a moral judgement here, just a business judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite frankly, the best business decision would be to pay pilots zero dollars and use the left and right seat for PIC/SIC programs but on a 3 year, nonbreakable contract.

Freedom, in itself, what an idiotic business move because in the end, you ended up with a divided pilot group and many of Mesa's best pilots are going to jump on the first bandwagon out of town.

Find the best talent, pay them accordingly and give them tools and authority to do their job the best they can.

Any successful businessman/entrepreneur would agree with that.

[ QUOTE ]
After America West dropped their CMH hub, Delta thought "Ooh! more RJ's!" and made a deal with Chautauqua to move from being a America West Express carrier to being Delta Connection carrier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is petty, but CHQ was a Delta Connection company while they were America West also. The delta deal didnt come to be b/c America West was lost. What actually happened is, instead of DL excercising options on new ones they just used the Birds that were AWE .

Some of you are asking businesses to use moral practices as well as follow the law? How? How do you enforce "morals" on a business? And whose morals?

I've noticed that some of you stating that are also those that are against prayer in schools, against the 10 commandments in the court house, against some of the more traditional "family values" issues, etc.

Someone might see a contradiction here but I'm willing to listen. What is your plan to make "business behave morally?"

I'll be a prophet here: I see the Squawk Box coming in this thread's future!

[ QUOTE ]
Doug you are talking about a long time ago. None of those people are at Mesa any more. I remember the Skyway fiasco only in historical lore. That was the Early Risley Era.

[/ QUOTE ] I dunno.. i guess I wouldn't call less than 10 years ago -> a long time ago....

Back