Delta Upgrade Time

There's a lot of unemployed skyway pilots that bragged about weekends off as well.

Good news glad to see movement! Always keep in mind that upgrade times are for the people that get them. I get a lot of people saying "you'll upgrade in a little over a year aren't you excited?" Maybe I'm a little cynical after all the years and furloughs in this business and I'll be happy when I upgrade but I didn't base my decision to come here on an upgrade, I've heard song and dance too many times before. That being said even if you don't upgrade you'll make more pay as an fo than at your regional as a captain.

They made their own bed and I have zero sympathy for them. Gives those hungry an opportunity.

Don't for get that those that were hungry also went hungry as well. They also went bankrupt, got divorced and committed suicide.

Let's not be so snide.

I hope this forward movement continues in this industry, and the airlines stay healthy. However, we've seen these times before.

Don't for get that those that were hungry also went hungry as well. They also went bankrupt, got divorced and committed suicide.

Let's not be so snide.

I am just having flashbacks to guys at Colgan who lived in ALB who wanted to stay there as they worked three days a week, had weekends off, and were based at home. Sorry, if you made your bed like that, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Those actively trying to get out and can't, I do have sympathy for.

Good news glad to see movement! Always keep in mind that upgrade times are for the people that get them. I get a lot of people saying "you'll upgrade in a little over a year aren't you excited?" Maybe I'm a little cynical after all the years and furloughs in this business and I'll be happy when I upgrade but I didn't base my decision to come here on an upgrade, I've heard song and dance too many times before. That being said even if you don't upgrade you'll make more pay as an fo than at your regional as a captain.

No kidding on the pay part. My take home just on the 15th was bigger than my best monthly take home at ASA. Anytime the phone rings on a day off that's at least $700 up for grabs if its a dayline. That's why I scratch my head when guys want to hold on to an extra $2.59/hr vs career advancement.

No Oprah GIF but:

YOU can haz upgrade...

YOU can haz upgrade...

YOU can haz upgrade...

Oprah You Get a Car.jpg

No kidding on the pay part. My take home just on the 15th was bigger than my best monthly take home at ASA. Anytime the phone rings on a day off that's at least $700 up for grabs if its a dayline. That's why I scratch my head when guys want to hold on to an extra $2.59/hr vs career advancement.

Wow, that is just unbelievable! Some day... I hope.

Polar742 said:
Don't for get that those that were hungry also went hungry as well. They also went bankrupt, got divorced and committed suicide. Let's not be so snide. I hope this forward movement continues in this industry, and the airlines stay healthy. However, we've seen these times before.

v06N8.gif

Attachments

• image-721543551.jpg
    image-721543551.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

*sigh*

Back