Delta Upgrade Time

Let's not forget, you are from Pennsylvania!

I'm going to Pennsylvania in two days for the holiday like I always do, but I'm always reminded of the reasons I moved to begin with, and most likely won't feel a compelling need to move back anytime soon. I feel no need to defend the overpriced metropolis that I was raised in the suburbs of.

Because it isn't. To me at least-- and I'm sure it isn't for a lot of people that are from the left coast of the country.

Amen. I've really tried to like NYC (born and raised in the mid-Atlantic, visited many times, even lived 40 minutes away in Jersey for a while), but I can't stand the place. Noisy, crowded, dirty, expensive. I understand what people like about it, but it's not for me. Thanks but no thanks.

All you guys are trying to get on at majors and I just wanna get off reserve at a regional

That reminded me of something I saw the other day, and grabbed a screen capture of...

image.jpg

Thanks for making me have some perspective this evening!

No kidding on the pay part. My take home just on the 15th was bigger than my best monthly take home at ASA. Anytime the phone rings on a day off that's at least $700 up for grabs if its a dayline. That's why I scratch my head when guys want to hold on to an extra $2.59/hr vs career advancement.

I wish some of you on this forum could have injected some logic here at Envoy.

Seriously, since joining jetcareers I have been overwhelmingly and pleasantly surprised at how much common sense there still exists outside of Envoy.

It just solidifies my belief that I don't belong at Envoy with this group of people. I really need to get out.

Seriously, since joining jetcareers I have been overwhelmingly and pleasantly surprised at how much common sense there still exists outside of Envoy.

It just solidifies my belief that I don't belong at Envoy with this group of people. I really need to get out.
The problem with the regionals is there are going to be winners and losers, and pilots in each category.

I agree in principle, that taking a pay cut, or concession, in general while your brand is making billions in profits is insane. This is where ALPA has really failed the commuter pilots.

It's very much a "step on each other" game. It sucks, but you're not going to change it by voting no to a large corp with more money than you who wishes to make an example of your company, and will spend 10x the money to do so rather than concede to your demands.

Delta bought Comair for $2 billion dollars and closed their doors and farmed out the flying to other operators, just to make a point.

Right there with ya, brother. Come on over to Compass, the water's warm.

That reminded me of something I saw the other day, and grabbed a screen capture of...

View attachment 29508

Thanks for making me have some perspective this evening!

Every time I'm in Boston I see the little Cape Air planes buzzing in and out of terminal C, and I think, "I bet that's a fun job!" Of course, many of them are looking at my airplane saying, "I wish they would hire me!"

I recently taught a Cape Air new hire, and we joked about this. It's always good to keep perspective.

Skyvector said:
I wish some of you on this forum could have injected some logic here at Envoy. Seriously, since joining jetcareers I have been overwhelmingly and pleasantly surprised at how much common sense there still exists outside of Envoy. It just solidifies my belief that I don't belong at Envoy with this group of people. I really need to get out.

PSA is hiring.

Leave. Leave now.

Every time I'm in Boston I see the little Cape Air planes buzzing in and out of terminal C, and I think, "I bet that's a fun job!" Of course, many of them are looking at my airplane saying, "I wish they would hire me!"

I recently taught a Cape Air new hire, and we joked about this. It's always good to keep perspective.

I've heard that is a great job. If it wasn't for seniority I might go do that for a couple years!

I'd still be at Cape if I could afford to be. Best job I ever had. Top 1/3rd of that seniority list will fly for Cape until they retire.

Back