Delta Rumors

737s and 757s are going to become the RJs over the atlantic, the disapointment when you show up to the gate for most people. People, biz people, will start to buy around it like they do with RJs.

yup, i know i would....

going overseas smashed against your neighbor is not any pax idea of fun. those flights are just too long to be sardined in like that. I hope DAL doesn't go that route cuz people will probably start choosing other airlines like BA and AF who aren't limiting their plane sizes.

737s and 757s are going to become the RJs over the atlantic, the disapointment when you show up to the gate for most people. People, biz people, will start to buy around it like they do with RJs.

Kristie said:
yup, i know i would....

going overseas smashed against your neighbor is not any pax idea of fun. those flights are just too long to be sardined in like that. I hope DAL doesn't go that route cuz people will probably start choosing other airlines like BA and AF who aren't limiting their plane sizes.

I agree.

I used to have the mindset of, the seats are the same size, who cares if you have a window seat in a 757 or a 777 over the ocean.

The more I non-rev on the long flights though, the more I now agree with the people who highly prefer a widebody plane. If you're gonna be in there for 9 hours (DUS-DTW, CPH-EWR etc.) it's nice to have a larger area to get up and just stand there for a few minutes without blocking the galley or the lav. In a 737 or 757 there is not much room for that. On a widebody there's more room to just hang out for a few minutes, out of your seat to stretch.

Someone has pics of the -700s...

It'll be great to to smell the "new plane smell"

2608984020_27ed34eda6_o.jpg

Cheers
George

Turns out the rumor is not true. But hey, you know how rumors go! :)

Which Rumot

Just for basic trivial consumption:

From my unions forum. Completely uncorroborated. Nothing beyond "Heard from a guy who was talking to a chief pilot after a big meeting in ATL" but:

* 777 order grows from 6 to 8 (good)
* UAL in deep kimchee (bad)
* Delta "plans" to resume hiring in the fall (great)

Again, these are purely uncorroborated rumors.

I'd like to know if there is a possibility of what I've heard might happen: NWA furloughees go to Delta instead of NWA so they don't have to do indoc twice when the whole thing is complete later on. Sounds a bit far fetched.

Those 777LRs really are coming though aren't they? First one scheduled for New Year's Even if I remember correctly.

Why would anyone want a A340 when they could have a 777 for an equivilent cost?

Because the shell limit loads on the 340-500/600 make the load master pull his hair out and ultimately garontee leaving the pallets of cargo on the ramp for the next day. Then repeat. Funny to watch. (777, no such thing)

On the SIA EWR-SIN run you can kill the pilots off faster from 17 hours of stressing out their alternate that is 17min away because they don't have anymore fuel. Great way to retire/kill off senior pilots. (777, longer range and will carry 10 tons more cargo)

No more bulk/loose load compartment. This is a far superior way to delay the flight than ever before. Nothing like last minute bags that have to go into a can in the back. Ground crews will never be able to get plane off on time so you can always penalize them with performance fines. (777, real bulk area)

Fully loaded down a 340 can't even make it to FL330, you don't want to fly too high afterall. Never fly higher than you want to fall, thats what smart dispatchers always say. You can always blame the pilots later for wasting gas, and blame company losses on them when the time comes for pay cuts. (777, other than one of the fuel pumps freezing, it'll actually make it up to altitude).

Nah, just the rumor about hiring resuming later this year!

I know! Hey, howdy from flight 118 to JFK. Can get wireless sitting here onboard the aircraft! Hoo hoo!

Doug, what do you think the chances of something getting worked out for us NWA poolies with DAL starting to hire?

Back