Delta Rumors

I don't know.

US Airways has no Asia presence. United does.

US Airways is king of the east and United is king of the west.

I think would be massive reductions, but at least both airlines would survive.

Does LCC have enough money to buy UAL's Asian routes. I would think that they would go to the highest bidder in a fire sale.

That is so funny on so many levels. Never heard of DAL have you?

No, no, they are the DYSFUNCTIONAL king of the East.

I actually choked on my Root Beer. . .too funny.

I've heard in the good ole' days US Airways was nicknamed "The Beast in the East" Im pretty sure those days are gone...

The "Beast" just canceled two 330 deliveries and soon will give pax an option: For $2 you can either have a soft drink or a share of LCC.

Seriously folks, what's up with this share price?!?! THAT is scary.

Or at Southernjets, lemme check... I think a share of stock will get you an Amstel Light and a bit of pocket change onboard! :)

"Hello Airbus? I'd like to place an order. Yes, umm, a couple planes that'd make it from the eastern US to China. Do you deliver? Great, here's my credit card number..."

:)

Lets finally get an US Airline with the A340? :) Now that'd be one nice plane.... ok time to wake up... was day dreaming looking at some today.

Are you at Southernjets? You must have slipped in under my radar! :)
Under the radar is my natural habitat ;) Yeah, I'm a noob (03-08 class) on reserve, enjoying the good life out here in LA. Getting real familiar with all-nighters to MCO, but it definitely beats 8 legs/day on the Bro at SkyWest any day!

LAX NG to be reduced? I'm not sure about that with the 700s coming. They still have crews from SLC and ATL overnighting on Wilshire so airplane orders/money wise that rumot sounds bunk to me...
FWIW Gary and Steve mentioned a buildup for the next 2 months...

Cheers
George
Glad to hear, I think the other rumor was pure speculation based on how little some of the rsv guys are flying. I'm glad to hear about the buildup. I'm wondering how many of the -700s are coming to LA. Heard some were going to CVG and even talk about possible European destinations...

I'm not sure if there's anything to it, but when the fleet Captain and his crew came to give us the "you're lucky you're in the 73 vs. the 88" speech during indoc they mentioned that the -700's could have the range to reach some of the westernmost European destinations. I assumed they would flow through one of the NY airports.

It sounded pretty far-fetched to me at the time, though after doing a 6-hour transcon in the -800 from BOS-LAX, it no longer sounds entirely implausible. I'm sure there would be plenty of issues; ETOPS, etc. to work out if they ever decided to actually do it.

As far as I'm concerned, you widebody guys can have the international stuff, I'm quite happy staying close to home, for now. Although those pictures of the international meals Doug's been flaunting do look pretty tasty compared to the leftover fruit and cheese tray.

The rest seat is bad enough in the 75ER. I can't imagine how bad it would be in the -700.

FWIW I've heard Shannonn and Rekjavik as possible -700 destinations to free up 75s.

They were typing FOs starting in February for flights with "augmented crews"

Cheers
George

FWIW I've heard Shannonn and Rekjavik as possible -700 destinations to free up 75s.

They were typing FOs starting in February for flights with "augmented crews"

Cheers
George

I thought that was for the Quito flying. SNN in a 75 is bad enough, the -700 is a sardine can.

Apparently Continental might have plans to send the 737-900ER to Europe so if Delta did I for one would not be surprised.

It's another 500NM to do SNN-JFK than BOS-LAX, on the arc of a great circle anyway.

I heard the augmented crews were mainly for the "dinner and a movie" crowd doing the NY-Islands turns. I'm just glad someone else heard the same rumor, I was starting to question my sanity!

Apparently Continental might have plans to send the 737-900ER to Europe so if Delta did I for one would not be surprised.

It's another 500NM to do SNN-JFK than BOS-LAX, on the arc of a great circle anyway.

. . .Delta has no 900ER's. But, they should!!!

privatair operates EWR-ZRH in a 737-800 as swiss (LX) 19. They also do ewr-fra i believe for lufthansa. Both are BBJ configurations though, not normal sardine can 737s.

Those planes have MUCH greater range than the normal 73

Back