Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms (Doug in a "G" String)

Re: Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms (Doug in a \"G\" String)

only time will tell what will happen...

At least they are stopping Song growth right now....It didnt make since to me to get rid of DLX.. They could have used the 737-300's maybe for more cost saving.

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of MLB, I wonder will I have the gecko infestation at the Hilton again! ha!

[/ QUOTE ]

MLB eh? Bill just got short-called to go to MIA. They gave him the old "Well, this came up kind of short notice, how fast can you get there" thing. Ugh.

As for negotiations, DL believes in the Crandall-esque philosophy of 'Divide and Conquer'. Make the employee groups suspicious of each other, and they'll be to busy fighting each other to worry about all the things management is doing.

I remember 7.5 and every was ready to cut each others throat. I look at like this...its out of my hands so I cant control it all I can do is show up everday and hope my check on the 15 and last day of month is good..

[ QUOTE ]

f9b2c30f.jpg

We called it the "Suicide S"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus! Thats actually a throwback to the WWII "SS" officers, its just missing the skull and crossbones.

Or.... Stasi? Before the deutsche Wiedervereinigung in 1989?

creepy.

That was the actual old Simmons Airlines uniform hat. Though I flew for Simmons Airlines, the suicide S logo was long out of service by the time I worked there. I aquired the hat in the picture when we got our new crew lounge in ORD. There had been signs up for weeks in the crew lounge saying the old bag storage room was going to be cleaned out on such and such a date, and anything still in that room on that date will be thrown out. I happened to be working on that date, and the construction workers came over to the new lounge and said they were going to clean, and anybody who wanted to scavange through the pile of coats, hats, bags & other misc crap, we were free to do so. So I went digging and found this hat, and one of the old tan F/A overcoats (much warmer than the current ones)!

Part of me feels guilty about keeping the hat, it should be in the C.R. Smith museum in Dallas with the other memorabilia. But then part of me wants to keep it in our own little 'airline museum' that we've got going.

f9b219ad.jpg

Back