Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms (Doug in a "G" String)

Re: Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms (Doug in a \"G\" String)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care about this guys crazy collection...though as a girl I must say that a guy in uniform is hot!
blush.gif
ok, return to thread

[/ QUOTE ]

Well..you know..I mean....I do look alright.
laugh.gif

What is crazy is some of the FA's are complaining they want a raise and all this other stuff and they ( the FA's as a group) are the reason for this change. I was in a meeting the other day with a Director the same question of why was brought up and he said the Flight Attendents were complaining abou the material not holding up and not fitting right and women wanted liners in there pants (?). It was also mentioned that they didnt want to look like gate agents who had basically the same uniform. Is the announce bad timing, probably. Are new ones needed who knows but its done now. We were told the ramp uniforms would only have a few upgrades. Gee thanks.. I mean they give us black pants and dark red shirts to wear outside during the summer, real smart. The golf style shirt is thick enough to wear in the winter. A hot summer muggy day in ATL with dark red and black pants/shorts makes for a comfortable day.

Anytime I see a grey sweater and that "Gap Blue" big butterfly collared shirt paired together, I think it's a flight attendant.

Or they think the FA's are gate agents and ask for help.. And the look they give them is "huh" because they have no clue

I never know who is who anymore and I think the last uniform 'renewal' kind of sucked. I can't tell a ramper apart from a mechanic. And telling a FA apart from a gate agent is hard as well.

Uniforms should be comfortable and attractive without looking like you operate "below" your position. Not always an easy call to make.

You would have thought mechanics would have gotten the darker colors like red and black to hide the dirt and grease. I am not sure who comes up with this stuff but they probably have never worked the ramp or gates.

Oh yeah they tested the really sucky golf shirt in MIA and MCO and according to them it was a hit.. I worked in MCO and everyone who tested it hated and reported it..I guess they just didnt care to read the report and take it from the ones who wear it daily. Typical Delta

Back a long time ago, I heard that pilot uniforms were designed by big named - um - designers, like Van Heusen, Ralph Lauren and ...... some small French dude.

Is that true? The pilots I've seen in the airport lately SURELY don't have that "pressed" looked and I'd hardly call their uniforms "designer".

AA F/As used to have Bill Blass uniforms, TWA had Ralph Lauren.

As far as the pilot uniforms go, I don't know of any pilot uniforms that were designer.

The Delta pilot uniform is essentially the Navy dress uniform, with a few minor alterations (the buttons & the cut of the lapel I think)

Well, the Delta uniform is a standard Navy uniform. In fact, a lot of guys go down to the Navy surplus store when they need pants or a blazer.

My Skyway uniform, and MQAAord will appreciate this, was one of the original "Simmons Airlines" uniforms before the change a few years ago. My Skyway uniform cap is exactly like an American Cap, but instead of the AA with the wings, it's got and "S" for Simmmons...Ummm, whoops! I mean Skyway!

[ QUOTE ]
Well, the Delta uniform is a standard Navy uniform. In fact, a lot of guys go down to the Navy surplus store when they need pants or a blazer.

My Skyway uniform, and MQAAord will appreciate this, was one of the original "Simmons Airlines" uniforms before the change a few years ago. My Skyway uniform cap is exactly like an American Cap, but instead of the AA with the wings, it's got and "S" for Simmmons...Ummm, whoops! I mean Skyway!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it look like this?
f9b2c30f.jpg

We called it the "Suicide S"

Just like that, but our "S" was a little less Nazi-esque!

Perhaps I was told wrong. I can take a picture of it when I get home.

Hey, here's an idea!

Hey Kristie! Go in the garage if you get a chance, grab my captain's hat (the one that wasn't smooshed) and take a photo for me, ok?
smile.gif

Doug like Kristie doesnt have better things to do on a friday with you out of town....haha...

I am sure you will get you pic by the time you get to MLB

Speaking of MLB, I wonder will I have the gecko infestation at the Hilton again! ha!

I thought pilots only stated in 5 star hotels.......

Oh yeah in the meeting with the Dir the other night he told us Delta is projecting to lose money all of '04 and maybe in '05. We asked if that would stay true if the pilots gave some back and he said probably not...

I tell you out of all the meeting with upper management he is the only one that has ever given straight answers to out questions..He remembers what is like to be an agent and just not management...He told us Gerry said the future right now is ugly for Delta unless big changes are made..They are suppose to be doing an audit of every department and every job to see what is redudant and how we can cut with out screwing up our passenger service even more.

Rewind the clock to 1996 and save yourself the hassle of attending those meetings!

I had no choice but to attend he came to our office..He met with just the Supertug guys. All those subjects got brought up is how we found out...Personally I dont know how bad it is or isnt..I know its all how they put it on paper. I mean if I was given the choice as to whether or not to give up 30% I know what my answer would be. A Hell no. For some guys that fly it could be up to $60,000 or more a year....That would hurt. I know paying my insurance premiums have doubled and that hurts a lowly ramper.. I figure the settling number will be around 15-18%.

Virgin Atlantic had their uniforms designed by some big name over in the UK, but what bothers me is that VAA spent the money to have a big name designer make a uniform and then they couldn't spring for a REAL tie!! Those clip-on ties are horrible, it feels like I have a tumor poking out of my throat.

Negotiations work like this at Delta.

It's not bad management, it's expensive labor.

Plant a few rumors, turn groups against the group you're negotiating with and squeeze. 94, 96, 00, 04, etc.

Yeah, but you can't strangle a guy with a clip on tie. That may be the rationale for it. Cops always wear clip-ons Nobody wants their wardrobe to become their attackers weapon.

Back