Delta MD-90 in Denver

aceflyley

As I was coming home from a short trip yesterday I saw a Delta MD-90 parked out on the taxiway (it looked like it had just been pushed back) with tons of fire trucks and airport ops vehicles parked around it. They were unloading passengers onto busses using the stairs under the tail. Anybody know what happened? (Doug maybe?)

I didn't see anything in the local papers about it.

I took a really bad picture of the whole scene (could of gone outside or over to C to take a better one but I was tired and wanted to go home).

aceflyley said:
As I was coming home from a short trip yesterday I saw a Delta MD-90 parked out on the taxiway (it looked like it had just been pushed back) with tons of fire trucks and airport ops vehicles parked around it. They were unloading passengers onto busses using the stairs under the tail. Anybody know what happened? (Doug maybe?)

I didn't see anything in the local papers about it.

I took a really bad picture of the whole scene (could of gone outside or over to C to take a better one but I was tired and wanted to go home).

Judging by the height of the left wingtip compared to the right wingtip, i'd recon it's a gear problem.

The captain, first officer, two cabin crew, and 152 passengers reported no injuries. The flight originated from the Salt Lake City International Airport (SLC), Salt Lake City, Utah, approximately 1645.

Missing a flight attendant and sold two flight attendant jumpseats to revenue passengers? Aroo!?

will that plane be repaired? how long will it take to make repairs that are described? does it leave the airline short of an aircraft while this happens or are there spare MD-90s?

Doug Taylor said:
Missing a flight attendant and sold two flight attendant jumpseats to revenue passengers? Aroo!?

Damn! you beat me to it! Even checked my PRM to make sure....

Max seating:

150 passengers (12 first, 138 coach)
2 required pilots + 1 cockpit jumpseater
3 required flight attendants + 2 passenger cabin jumpseats.

The MAX it can carry is 150 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 156 souls.

A minimum crew of 5 (2 pilots + 3 flight attendants) is always required in revenue operations.

(I know YOU know that Mickelsilly, but that's for everyone else! :) )

Back