Delta Flight Ops Update (and hiring rumors for 2013)

Every company is going to be different on what it's looking for. Know the interview you're going to like you know your house in the dark. Read the gouges. Get your answers ready and PRACTICE THEM. Get someone else to critique your answers. If you can do a professional interview prep course, do it. I highly recommend Emerald Coast Interview Consulting. Top notch product, and it's success or your money back. It wasn't cheap, but I don't regret dropping the extra cash.

Also, know they company you're applying to VERY WELL. In this competitive environment, interviewers are looking to hire people that WANT to work for their airline rather than someone that just sent out apps to every airline that was hiring. Know the history, know the bases, know some of their expansion/growth plans. Know who the CEO is. If they have a corporate philosophy/guiding principles/values, know those cold. Be ready to explain what you like about them and how you represent them.

If you can do all that, you're not guaranteed the job, but you're well on your way to getting it.

Being an Eagle Scout helps alot too!

Almost ten years after my board of review but I still have it on the last line of my resume. I won't say that it's gotten me, or anyone else, a job, but what it has been two times now is a conversation point with someone across the table who has that in common and that certainly helps them understand you a bit if they've got a common experience with you. Both times this happened to me were in aviation interviews and I ended up taking both jobs and they both turned out to be good moves at the time.

Not sure about the current application, but back when I filled one out, "Are you an Eagle Scout?" was one of the questions. Kinda goes hand in hand with Delta's philosophy of hiring mostly military. Shows motivation, dedication to duty, and the ability to complete what you start.

Then there are those who sneak by, like Dough!

Not sure about the current application, but back when I filled one out, "Are you an Eagle Scout?" was one of the questions. Kinda goes hand in hand with Delta's philosophy of hiring mostly military. Shows motivation, dedication to duty, and the ability to complete what you start.

Then there are those who sneak by, like Dough!

and me...My class was 50/50 but I would guess that the majority of guys hired during the last round were civilian. That's not to say there weren't a significant number of military guys. Just not as many guys leaving the military for the airlines for obvious reasons.

What you chose to believe is your call but just wanted to pass this along.

Was told today by someone in a meeting with RA this week that they should start the FNG machine the end of this year. Start updating just incase...

What you chose to believe is your call but just wanted to pass this along.

Was told today by someone in a meeting with RA this week that they should start the FNG machine the end of this year. Start updating just incase...

There are many things happening at one of the companies with some flow-up pilots still eligible that point to new hires in the winter.

Compass has hinted that 110 pilots may be flowing then. That was mentioned today too in the conversation

Back