Delta Flight Ops Update (and hiring rumors for 2013)

The skeptic in me is thinking positive. How many companies are lucky enough to be able to keep hiring right on schedule? I can think of a few, but the airlines are not among them.

I turn 22 in the "latter" part of 2013... I guess I'll just sit here in a CRJ right seat and wait. :def:

I'm so jealous of you that I literally ache.

To be 22 and know what I know now... (sigh)

Timing could be good for me. Could maybe end up bad. Who knows.. Never know when things could hit a brick wall. They did for my dad in 1982 when Texas International handed him a furlough notice. He wouldn't make it back to 121 until the dust settled at Continental in 86 with hundreds of scabs ahead of him.

Just by reading your quals I can form a respect for you, sir. You've done enough to not be jealous of a regional FO.

Could be. When I started at USAir I was 23. Hope it goes better for you than it did for me!

BTpilot, if you turn 22 in the latter part of 2013, does that mean you're only 20 right now? Damnnn, LOL! Are you taking college classes online, or just skippin it?

And Zap, if you were hired at US Air at 23, what's the story with that? Were you not recalled at some point? Who do you work for now?

BTpilot, if you turn 22 in the latter part of 2013, does that mean you're only 20 right now? Damnnn, LOL! Are you taking college classes online, or just skippin it?

And Zap, if you were hired at US Air at 23, what's the story with that? Were you not recalled at some point? Who do you work for now?

Sonic, or one of the other fast food places Zap had to work for in order to have a positive cash flow, probably made him resign his seniority number.

I believe he will get a frozen ATP until he is 23 and can keep flying. If he doesn't meet the time requirements he will be screwed.

I've been told the FAA quit doing frozen atps just recently, so hopefully they've reinstated the program for cases like this...

I'm so jealous of you that I literally ache.

To be 22 and know what I know now... (sigh)

What do you know now that could help us young guys sitting in the right seat? I'm all ears because I'm in a bit of a bummed out mood with what's happening at my wonderful DCI carrier.

Also, I find it amusing that even mainline is at the mercy of Network when it comes to QOL. We always get the line from our scheduling committee "this is just what Delta gives us guys!"

Back