DAY Crashpad

Flies2Much

I haven't received my domicile assignment yet, but the cards are leaning towards DAY. Anyone have or know of any openings at a crashpad for the next few months?

When was your date of hire? Just thinking if you are in training you have time... Honestly it just depends.... However in the crew rooms there are many so just tell us more and we can give you advice accordingly......

21 JAN 08 class, and I just want to get an idea of what is available at DAY or what most short term reserve guys and gals are doing. My wife and I are moving to TYS with expectations of getting it in a few months.

21 JAN 08 class, and I just want to get an idea of what is available at DAY or what most short term reserve guys and gals are doing. My wife and I are moving to TYS with expectations of getting it in a few months.

I'll wait for some others to talk... depending what your seniority is in your class it maybe a while. No one as of now out of the Jan 4th class is outside of Dayton. I am a Dec 3rd hire and we still have people waiting for TYS. Therefore nearly 3 months in and some dont have TYS yet. From your date of hire depending on when you start IOE and complete it you may not have to stay in Dayton at all.... I assume you are awaiting sims at this time? In addition to the fact there are people who are waiting for IOE. I would say you will have time off from your completion of SIM's until you are even starting IOE. Basically I know you want a rough estimate however I honestly would just look casually because I dont see you getting called for IOE even any time soon in addition TYS may happen before you even start IOE therefore you only need to be in DAY/CLT for IOE depending on how they schedule your IOE......

I haven't even taken the oral yet. It is next week and the minimum time off before sims is 3 weeks! Then they are not sure about the exact time off, but there will be another wait for IOE after that. I am really not complaining. Once reserve starts days off will be few and far between esp. if I am commuting. Retaining the knowledge will be the challenge. Thanks for the insight.
Phil

I haven't even taken the oral yet. It is next week and the minimum time off before sims is 3 weeks! Then they are not sure about the exact time off, but there will be another wait for IOE after that. I am really not complaining. Once reserve starts days off will be few and far between esp. if I am commuting. Retaining the knowledge will be the challenge. Thanks for the insight.
Phil

Good luck on the oral.... you should be fine as long as you've been studying.... 3 weeks before sim wont be bad... from time to time go over flows... I had 2 some weeks and it was great... In addition now I am waiting some 2 weeks right now for IOE.... Honestly I think its going to end up being 3-4 weeks from PC pass to IOE start.... Again I am not complaining.... There are some crashpads though in the crew room and also if you are in Dayton on the Bullentin board upstairs..... Just something to look at if you want.... But the way things are going if you arent the youngest in your class you migt have a good chance of getting TYS before you even start IOE.... Of course IOE can take place at any domicile :)

Hey bud check out the new DSR..... I am not sure if its your class but about 8 new people to TYS...... I think 10 people got moved to CLT 8 of which are TYS 2 DAY.....

Hey bud check out the new DSR..... I am not sure if its your class but about 8 new people to TYS...... I think 10 people got moved to CLT 8 of which are TYS 2 DAY.....

It's DRS.

At the rate they are doing new hire stuff, you probably will be able to hold something other then DAY (if you want) before you ever get your IOE scheduled.

Either way, there are two more well known crash pads in Dayton. There is also a 3rd that was run by a J4J pilot so it may be shutting down now that they are leaving. Of the two, one is run by a former PSA pilot who is now at SWA and the other is run by a current FA here. The one run by the pilot used to have a reputation of being crazy, but it's quieted down a bit. The FAs is a ways away and I really don't know much about it. If it comes down to actually needed one let me know and I'll get some numbers for you. Also, if you are in the crew room in Dayton at all, take a look on the bulletin board as they are normally posted up there.

Also, if you are going to be around on Monday night (the 18th), come on out to BW3s and the Dayton Bomber's hockey game. We're having a Dayton JC Meet and Greet.

You will most likely be able to hold Knoxville before you're done with IOE, I would predict it will be before you even start the sim. That place is like a revolving door, not many people want to be based there.

ENJOY your paid time off. I had one day at home between the sim and systems. Flew home Friday night, spent Saturday with my wife and got some warmer clothes, and I was on a flight back to The Vandalia International Airport on Sunday morning. Then when I was done with systems I flew home on a Friday night, spent Saturday at home, and hopped in my car on Sunday around noon for the drive up to Charlotte. At least they gave me 3 days off before I started IOE. Talk about burnout!

You will most likely be able to hold Knoxville before you're done with IOE, I would predict it will be before you even start the sim. That place is like a revolving door, not many people want to be based there.

ENJOY your paid time off. I had one day at home between the sim and systems. Flew home Friday night, spent Saturday with my wife and got some warmer clothes, and I was on a flight back to The Vandalia International Airport on Sunday morning. Then when I was done with systems I flew home on a Friday night, spent Saturday at home, and hopped in my car on Sunday around noon for the drive up to Charlotte. At least they gave me 3 days off before I started IOE. Talk about burnout!

Yeah I'm on day.... hmm i dunno 14 or something.... going to be around 23 I think when its said and done with... but I'm not complaining!

Well Fellas,

I passed the Check and now I am awaiting IOE. But, I missed TYS by one person on the last DRS! Oh well can't change my age... so I am still wondering about the DAY crash pads. It looks as though I will hold TYS for sure by June 1. So, just an estimation, but I will hopefully be complete with IOE by the end of April and will only need a crash pad for May and then I can live in base in TYS. Any suggestions? I have a few fliers on the way (snail mail) for crash pads in DAY, but does anyone on here know of any reputable ones? I am married, so just a quiet place to sleep is okay with me! Thanks

Well Fellas,

I passed the Check and now I am awaiting IOE. But, I missed TYS by one person on the last DRS! Oh well can't change my age... so I am still wondering about the DAY crash pads. It looks as though I will hold TYS for sure by June 1. So, just an estimation, but I will hopefully be complete with IOE by the end of April and will only need a crash pad for May and then I can live in base in TYS. Any suggestions? I have a few fliers on the way (snail mail) for crash pads in DAY, but does anyone on here know of any reputable ones? I am married, so just a quiet place to sleep is okay with me! Thanks

There's a nice place behind the shell gas station that some compass captain or FO's parents own..... He's turned it into a crash pad. A buddy of mine stays there. VERY VERY nice and from the sounds reasonable..... Anyone know the guys name? I'll try to find something out and holla at you and let you know. Congrats on passing the PC...... Enjoy IOE.... SHOULD be fun!

Back