Dash 8/Q400 Stall Recovery stats...

Hey Tuck,

I have a question for you, I was reading up on Colgan and the Q4, are y'all not allowed to fly a coupled approach with Flaps 35?

I know Horizon wasn't allowed to for a while, back before my time there, so I was just curious what Colgan's ops had to say about it.

Hey Tuck,

I have a question for you, I was reading up on Colgan and the Q4, are y'all not allowed to fly a coupled approach with Flaps 35?

I know Horizon wasn't allowed to for a while, back before my time there, so I was just curious what Colgan's ops had to say about it.

We are prohibited coupled flaps 35 approaches. The supplement is too rich for our blood.

Sounds like Colgan is in the same position that Horizon was in when they first got the Q400.

I flew with a check airman for about 2 bids and got to learn alot about how the Q400 has progressed through the years.

When Horizon first got the airplane, the pilot's tried to fly it like a 100 or 200...and that didn't work out so well.

Horizon got the authorization for the Flaps 35/Coupled Approaches around the same time they got the high gross weight for the aircraft. The original 401 aircraft had a max weight of 64,500lbs...when they got 402, we got the final max weight of 65,200lbs.

Back