Dallas Executive Mid-Air / B-17 - P-63

melax

Just so Sad !!
Wondering if the P-63 got into the Wake like the XB-70 and the chase plane ?
He was closing in pretty fast, G-LOC ?? Medical event ??
Left descending turn into the mid-fuselage of the B-17, Miss-calculated rejoin ? Loss of visual ?

1668290844899.png

1668285933374.png

B-17 involved.

Last edited:
I was going to be there today, but everyone in my house is recovering from a cold.

Breaks my heart to see.

My kid keeps saying he wants a ride in a B-17 and I keep trying to talk him out of it. ReLly hope they weren’t giving rides.

Was this a planned or impromptu rejoin, or just a midair where he didn’t see the B-17, I wonder? Any radio comms would be interesting to see what they may reveal.

My kid keeps saying he wants a ride in a B-17 and I keep trying to talk him out of it. ReLly hope they weren’t giving rides.
This plane does give rides, back in 2017 they brought it to my airport for that purpose, however I doubt any paying customers ride during an airshow.

They were doing paid rides that day, and were sold out. But I saw another video that showed a swarm of WWII era planes flying together as tge accident happened. I’ve seen the Confederate Air Force do that part of the show years ago, and I would assume you can’t have paying pax on board while doing that type of formation flying per the regs.

They were doing paid rides that day, and were sold out. But I saw another video that showed a swarm of WWII era planes flying together as tge accident happened. I’ve seen the Confederate Air Force do that part of the show years ago, and I would assume you can’t have paying pax on board while doing that type of formation flying per the regs.

From what I’ve gathered it sounds like it might have been one of the final passes of the Tora show, so no riders hopefully.

From what I’ve gathered it sounds like it might have been one of the final passes of the Tora show, so no riders hopefully.

That would be a small blessing. 1 on the aircobra, 3 on the B-17 are minimum crew for airshows.

I read elsewhere this was going to be the B-17 PICs last show.

Just off the cuff I don't think either crew knew the other was there at all. Which of course raises the question of how the hell that could possibly happen.

Back