daily pic

B3E99B04-59CA-4BF5-A193-37BAAF84ECC2.jpeg

Nice view of downtown Minneapolis while moving an airplane for a prebuy.

As is tradition with my skywatcher stuff, the Perseids meteor shower peaked this weekend and the best view, pictured below, was a dawn too early...and, of course, too nice too soon. Weather in New England sucked Friday into Sat/Sun, so I missed it anyway.

IMG_20200815_210652_031.jpg

Did get a decent view of Venus under the Moon, though.

We very rarely get big storms that generate a lot of lighting in the Bay Area. But in the middle of the night on Monday, we got hit by a very violent lighting storm! Didn't have my camera with me when I watched it approaching from a Pacific Ocean look out point, or I would have had some amazing stuff. But when the storm finally got to the San Bruno area, I fired off 3 manual focus 30 second exposures trying to pick out the best background I could and guessing with manual focus because there was nothing to focus on LOL! After these 3 badass shots, rain pelted the window the next 90 minutes. Wanted to go outside but 2 bolts struck (causing damage) within a few blocks of the house within the first few minutes, and more followed, so I just enjoyed the view. Imagine if I had the balls(right word?) to have braved the storm and shot looking towards the San Francisco skyline. But I guess I was too afraid to die, lol.

Best lighting I've ever seen here, super violent. These were all out over the ocean. Power was knocked out all over and fires started.

lightning.jpg

lightning1.jpg

lightning2.jpg

@alaskadrifter

That little girl in the background who is now so big and tall is your first daughter? I cannot believe how grown she is. And the toddler is the new baby? OMG..........so big already too and so beautiful. Love her golden hair. Where is Jenny? Lucky, lucky man. You are making memories with your children that they will remember for the rest of their lives, teaching them so much about nature and influencing their love of nature forever. How is Mama doing? Hope you are all doing well. What a lovely place and all to yourself. Just awesome.

Edit: I just saw/noticed the huge eagles nest and the eagles themselves at the top of that tall rock. Amazing!! Alaska.......
....like the rest of the country looked like centuries ago.

Last edited:
@alaskadrifter

That little girl in the background who is now so big and tall is your first daughter? I cannot believe how grown she is. And the toddler is the new baby? OMG..........so big already too and so beautiful. Love her golden hair. Where is Jenny? Lucky, lucky man. You are making memories with your children that they will remember for the rest of their lives, teaching them so much about nature and influencing their love of nature forever. How is Mama doing? Hope you are all doing well. What a lovely place and all to yourself. Just awesome.

Edit: I just saw/noticed the huge eagles nest and the eagles themselves at the top of that tall rock. Amazing!! Alaska.......
....like the rest of the country looked like centuries ago.
Yup, the older one is 3!!!! How’d that happen? The little one is almost one and walking on her own now. I’ve been feeling very blessed these days. We didn’t have room for Jenny this time, but she is still enjoying fish camp, especially since most people have left and it’s very quiet now. Mamma is good, feeling a little more human now that #2 is getting more independent. Sometimes I forget how spoiled we are in AK, I hope it’s still this way when my children are grown.

2 from my favorite city outside the Bay Area; San Diego. Had I known Lufthansa would be hastily retiring their A340-300s this year and my only shots of them would be on this SAN trip, I probably would have gone for a more conventional shot. Oh well, can't wait to be back someday soon.

SDhouses.jpg

D-AIGU.jpg

What day (s) times where you at SAN? You may have shot a friend of mine.

Back