daily pic

Beautiful sunset in Fort Myers last night. Much warmer than when we arrived that morning.
IMG_20220131_183747.jpg
IMG_20220131_183452.jpg

Sitting in the back, enjoying the view on the Philly approach yesterday. Ramblewood is directly below, and if you'd grown up in this area you could definitely point out the local landmarks.

20220311_134658.jpg

Sure the speed restrictions can be annoying, but I really do love coming back here.

One of my favorite departures. Especially at night
View attachment 63947
That's the best view of Vegas, leaving. I like the suburbs, but the strip and downtown areas make it difficult to relax. Maybe it's because I don't gamble and the entire town is geared to try to siphon money out of every guest as quickly as possible. The flights going to Vegas always seem to have a jovial mood in the cabin, the return flights are always more quiet and somber.

Came across this memory tonight from some 22 years distant. Sky Dive the Ranch and we (eldest son Bob and self) made it back to terra firma after jumping from a Twin Otter (both tandem) at 14,500 feet. Both of us were younger men then.

To days long gone and their memories … to those still to come and what will be

1B4258DF-E936-4101-A294-39E39818D1A7.jpeg

IMG_20220321_060829_174.jpg

Absolutely mind-boggling, how good these cellphone cameras have become. This was taken two or three mornings ago before this weather moved up northeast, and holy hat I don't even think my Sony Alpha can do this hand-held.

Was a little breezy, so there's probably some fair amounts of motion blur, but a 2-second exposure with background stabilization is bonkers. This is on the most basic, no-frills version of Samsung's S22 phone since I needed to join the 21st century.

On inbound and one outbound from an Incheon (and 48 hours of hotel jail) trip.

They were broken and waiting for us to go by so they could get back to the cargo ramp.
DSC07217-DeNoiseAI-low-light.jpg

I had to cheat and use a Skymap app, but that's Venus, Mars, and Saturn (at the bottom right) running away from the daylight at about 175 east.
DSC07285-DeNoiseAI-low-light.jpg

On inbound and one outbound from an Incheon (and 48 hours of hotel jail) trip.

They were broken and waiting for us to go by so they could get back to the cargo ramp.
View attachment 64025

I had to cheat and use a Skymap app, but that's Venus, Mars, and Saturn (at the bottom right) running away from the daylight at about 175 east.
View attachment 64026

Looks like you managed to get both of Mars's moons in that shot, if you check it out in the zoom in version!

Back