Custom Border Patrol Job

Interesting. What do they fly, aircraft wise? Cessna's I'd imagine?

Nothing that special. There are a few Cessna's. ;)

Lockheed Orion P-3B AEW
Lockheed Orion P-3 Long Range Tracker (LRT)
Bombardier DHC-8Q200
Cessna C-550 Citation
Pilatus PC-12
Piper PA-42 Cheyenne II
C-12/King Air Series
Cessna C-172/182
Cessna C-206/210 Turbo Centurion
Piper PA-18
Sikorsky UH-60-A Black Hawk
Augusta Westland AW-139
Bell UH-1
Aerospatiale AS-350 A-Star
McDonnell Douglas MD-600N
McDonnell Douglas MD-500 LEH
Hughes OH-6
American Eurocopter EC120
Unmanned Aircraft System MQ-9 Predator B

spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif
spacerclear.gif

I may have missed it but what kind of hour requirements are they looking for?

Here are the qualifications:

AIRCRAFT/AIRPLANE/HELICOPTER PILOT (AIA)
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Basic Requirements For This Position.

1. Submit a current FAA Commercial Pilot Certification with the following ratings: airplane, single engine or multi engine land with instrument; OR rotocraft helicopter with instrument. Appropriate U.S. military ratings may be substituted. Other certificates that meet or exceed the requirements of the Commercial Pilot Certificate are also acceptable (e.g., an Airline Transport Pilot Certificate).
2. Submit a current FAA Class I Medical Certificate for initial entry or re-entry into the occupation.
3. Submit the last page of your documented flight log reflecting a minimum of 1500 hours total flight time (100 hours of aircraft/airplane and/or helicopter within the last 12 months) including 250 Pilot-in-Command and 75 instrument/night hours. Applicants may include UAS Predator A (MQ-1) or Predator B (MQ-9) flight hours. Your full flight log book will be required at time of interview for verification.

NOTE: Up to 50% of the 1500 hour total flight requirement may be waived upon verification of prior specialized skills and experiences (e.g., general military flight experience and training, complex aircraft flight instructor experience, multi-engine aircraft time, night vision device operations, imminent danger, and terrain and/or over-water operations.)

3. Total Flight Time:
This position requires a minimum of 1500 hour total flight time (One half of the total flight time may be waived for certain military combat experience), to include 100 Airplane hours and/or Helicopter hours within the last 12 months; AND 250 hours as Pilot-in-Command; AND 75 hours Instrument and/or Night hours.

Nowadays, Military flying time weights heavily with CBP, especially combat flying, night and night with NOD's

Also, word is the new prez is going to freeze hiring when he takes office

Nowadays, Military flying time weights heavily with CBP, especially combat flying, night and night with NOD's

Just what we need. Less protection for our borders. The one thing I hope we can count on is the illegal Mexican immigrants telling border patrol something like this. Recite in your best Tattoo voice,

"escuse me senior, (points to terriost), but he no speaka spaniesh!"

Just what we need. Less protection for our borders. The one thing I hope we can count on is the illegal Mexican immigrants telling border patrol something like this. Recite in your best Tattoo voice,

"escuse me senior, (points to terriost), but he no speaka spaniesh!"

:yeahthat::(:mad:

I have heard this is a good and interesting gig. You can search for CBP (Customs and Border Protection) positions on www.usajobs.gov.

Remember that the selected candidate will be sent to Federal Law enforcement training for about 8 weeks I believe before doing anything realted the flying part of this job.

I talked with the Border *Protection* guys at Oshkosh, and they made it sound sweet. As said above, you go to the Federal Law Enforcement training; however they said it's much easier then basic training in the military. They said PT is a joke too. Afterwards you go to flight school. One of the guys I spoke to flew the citation and blackhawks.

I love that it's not a military job, therefor you've not signed your life away, and I love that you're also a federal law enforcement agent; and I love that you fly! It's definitely my dream job (after Seaborne Airlines) and it's a shame to hear Obama may stop hiring...I gotta get 1370 hours in the next couple of days then!

i dunno about that, not to get political but hasn't Obama been talking about creating thousand of new government jobs? :nana2:

i dunno about that, not to get political but hasn't Obama been talking about creating thousand of new government jobs? :nana2:

Actually, I think it was 300,000 new jobs, he didn't specify where, but in his campaign rhetoric he said one of the first things he would do was freeze Gov't jobs and that is what I'm hearing from all the guys I worked with. (I retired out of Homeland Security)

He has also appointed the pro-immigrant anti-enforcement gov of Arizona as head of Homeland Security which is over CBP

In any case we'll see in just a few more days:panic:

That's a pretty gross mischaracterization of Janet Napolitano. What specious news source is spouting that off?

That's a pretty gross mischaracterization of Janet Napolitano. What specious news source is spouting that off?

Maybe a little harsh Doug, but she has been dragged, kicking and screaming into almost every pro-enforcement law she has signed. She was against the NG on the border until she knew Bush was going to do it with or without her and while she did sign a workplace enforcement law she only did that after she knew a much stronger referendum being floated was going to pass by about 90%

You won't ever hear me call her politically inept though:D

Back