FAA Aviation Safety Inspector and Other Federal Jobs

Houston

There are currently seven (7) job announcements for Aviation Safety Inspectors. Six (6) of the announcements are for nationwide and cover operations (pilots), airworthiness (maintenance), and avionics (anything with a wire connected to it) in both general aviation and air carrier. The other announcement is specifically for helicopter operations in the Scottsdale area and that announcement has two (2) openings.

If you have considered working for the FAA in the past, but you did not meet the qualifications, look again. The required total and recent background requirements have recently been reduced.

Click here to see the announcements:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/search...here=&brd=3876&vw=b&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&x=0&y=0

For other pilot jobs within the federal government, such as flying for the Forest Service, click here:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/Search...re=134&FedEmp=N&FedPub=Y&caller=advanced.aspx

To search for jobs in general using various search arguments, start here:

http://www.usajobs.gov/

If you desire assistance, send me a private message. I don't have all the answers, but I'll give whatever assistance I can.

GA, because you can easily be a bully to the little people!

Seriously though. I could see GA being better as there are less regulations to enforce or worry about.

This may seem like a joke but it is a serious question: Is one of the functions of a Safety Inspector to generate revenue for the administration?

I would love a job like this but more so to educate people.

How does "basing" work for the FAA?
"Geographic preferences." When you submit your application you can put a list of up to 10(I think) FSDOs you want to work at. If you are tied down to one place you can include just one or two but it would be casting a smaller net.

[h=2]KEY REQUIREMENTS:[/h]
  • U.S. Citizen
  • Some, all or none of the applicants may be interviewed.
Is this another way of saying "We put out this elaborate job posting because we're required to by law, but there's no chance you'll get it because we already have someone lined up" ?

KEY REQUIREMENTS:

• U.S. Citizen
Is this another way of saying "We put out this elaborate job posting because we're required to by law, but there's no chance you'll get it because we already have someone lined up" ?

No.

KEY REQUIREMENTS:

• U.S. Citizen

No, it's a Federal Government way to say if we don't like any of the applicants, we're not required to hire one of them. Also, if they like one applicant, they can interview and hire without going through the same process with a different applicant.

Under the old system, you didn't have to interview anyone. However, if you wanted to interview a single applicant, you had to interview at LEAST three. AND (again under the old system) if NONE of the applicants met the minimum requirements, you would have to hire the most qualified (or least not qualified) person anyway. They don't have to do that any more.
[as a side note: there were a LOT of un-qualified people that were hired as Federal employees because the system was jacked!]

This is for the forest service job. "As a selective factor, applicants must have 90 days of on the line wildland firefighting experience gained through containment, control, suppression or use of wildland fire". How the hell do you get that experience!

Interesting. With budget cuts looming in federal government, what are the odds of getting hired and then getting cut in a year?

Interesting. With budget cuts looming in federal government, what are the odds of getting hired and then getting cut in a year?

It depends on the specific federal job. However, for an Aviiation Safety Inspector, the odds are so close to zero the it cannot be measured.

Back